I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

For months Ayden had been moving around camp in the shadows

For months Ayden had been moving around camp in the shadows. She felt like Ki for a while. No one knew she was there during drills, cabin meetings, or meal times, but she was.

Annabeth and Clarisse kept her secret. Grover had gone out to gather the Woodlin spirits for the battle. He hasn't made contact with camp since he left. Juniper was getting worried.

Berkendorf and Silena were happy together. When they were planning or ordering others around they were together on the beach. It reminded Ayden of Percy. He stayed in the mortal world to hang out with his mother, Paul and Rachel.

"Why can't he just come hang out at a camp? I mean it would be easier for you." Annabeth grabbed a few of the designs she'd been working on.

"I go back to the apartment every night, Annabeth," Ayden smiled at her. "I'm not worried that he likes Rachel more than me."

"I would be," Annabeth stared at her. "Why are you so secure in your relationship?"

"Well first thing is that if he wants to date someone else he can. I'm not stopping him, I won't ho,d him back. He'd be better off with other people—" Annabeth threw a book at her, but she dodged it.

"Shut up! You have a beautiful soul, he's lucky you chose him," She glared at Ayden. The girl just smiled.

"Thank you and lastly. I'm the one he comes home to, it's not Rachel. She might have a crush on him sure, but I'm not too worried about it."

"You would be hurt if he liked her back, right?" Annabeth paused her rummaging.

"Yeah, but again I wouldn't stop him. I'd just let him go."

"You are way too secure—." The Athena cabin doors flew open. Clarisse stomped in with Berkendorf behind her.

"Shut the doors," She told him.

"What are you doing?" Ayden threw her hands in the air.

"I already knew you were here," Berkendorf laughed as he moved toward the table. "Are these the new designs?" Annabeth nodded.

"What's going on? Why is she so angry?" Clarisse was pacing back and forth.

"They won't let us have the chariot." She muttered.

"Who?"

"Apollo's cabin!" Clarisse threw her hands in the air. "We went on a raid and they decided to keep the chariot. How is that fair?"

"Uh," Ayden looked at Berkendorf who just shrugged. "How did the weapons work?"

"Well, although some of the kids still can't aim well. We can't just have everyone wasting the bullets." He crossed his arms. "We could use you on some of these raids."