He's Afraid of The Dark

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

They got to the back of the boat where they got off

They got to the back of the boat where they got off. Ki and Annabeth got on the back first and helped Percy and Ayden on. Tyson didn't want to leave his hippocampi.

"Tyson, we've gotta go," Percy waved for him to climb aboard.

"But I don't want to leave Rainbow," He ruffled the hippocampi's gills.

"Well rainbow can't climb ladders," Annabeth argued. Tyson kissed the hippocampi before climbing aboard with a smile.

"Hey," Ki grabbed Ayden's arm. "Do you feel that?" He whispered. His voice was only low enough for her to hear. She looked up at him.

"We have to stay hidden." She muttered.

"Come on," Annabeth called the two forward as they snuck through the boat. They went through several rooms. It was like a normal cruise ship, but there wasn't anyone around. Like anyone.

"It's a ghost ship," Percy muttered.

"No, bad smell," Tyson shook his head.

"I don't smell anything," Annabeth glared at the cyclops. Ayden started at Ki. It was a silent message to for him to talk sense into Annabeth. Ayden knew the story behind her hatred for Cyclops', but that didn't mean she had to act like that with Tyson. He was a young one and Percy's half-sibling.

"Cyclops's are like satyrs," Cameron explained. "They can smell monsters." They moved into another back room. It looked like a spare closet.

"Let's sleep here," Annabeth added as she put her back to the door.

"Who do you think is on this ship?" Percy asked. He saw how odd Ki and Ayden seemed now that they were aboard.

"Nothing good," Ayden muttered as she leaned her back against the wall. While the others slept. Ayden looked through her pack. She found a canister of wind, vitamin gummies, drachmas, and random other things that Hermes deemed as a necessity. He really did think of it all. She looked over at Percy. His head was hung to the side as he slept soundlessly. Ayden was tired, but she didn't want to fall asleep cause when she slept she dreamed and that was when Kronos could get to her.

Screaming. That's all Ayden heard. It was her own screams. She was holding someone's body, but she couldn't see their face. She couldn't see if it was a boy or a girl. She couldn't see who it was, but she could feel the pain in her chest. She could feel the way her body struggled to take in air as she screamed. Ayden was looking down at herself, blood was coming from her eyes as she cried. Her hands were stained red. All around her was red, the ground was on fire. It was a war zone. All Ayden could think about was the body she was holding and it was not her own.

Everything went black. Her screams stopped. There was no red. There were no more bloody tears. It was silent and cold. It was like all the other times she'd drifted into nothingness.