Let's Go On A Quest

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

"Ayden!" The girl turned seeing an unfamiliar boy come up to her

"Ayden!" The girl turned seeing an unfamiliar boy come up to her. She looked down seeing his half goat. Satyr. "You're Ayden Rivera, right?" She nodded. "I'm Grover Underwood." He smiled at her. She could see the small horns poking through his dark curls.

"So you are Grover," She smiled.

"Oh, you know me?" He asked. Ayden tilted her head back and forth.

"Well, yeah, I mean Cameron talks about you a lot."

"She does," His face flushed as he looked down at his hooves.

"Yeah, you were out on a mission or something. She told me how you were the one to lead some of the others to the camp." Ayden explained.

"I was watching over Percy while he stayed in the mortal world," Grover explained. Ayden nodded slowly.

"Well that's good, I'm glad you got him here safely." She turned to walk away, but he grabbed her arm.

"I just," He hesitated as he let go of her. "You are a daughter of Ares, right?"

"Yeah?" Ayden muttered. He stared at her.

"It's just that," He let out a long breath. "Percy thinks of you as a friend and I just wanted to make sure that you have his best interest. I've known him for a while now and I would like to think of him as my closest friend."

"He's your best friend," Ayden answered for him. He nodded smiling.

"Yeah, yeah, he's my best friend. Although I doubt I'm his anymore, but anyway," Grover shook his head. "I just wanted to come meet you in person. I've heard a lot about you."

"None of it was good if you had to come to meet me in person," Ayden smiled as she stared at the nervous satyr. He shook his hands nervously in the air.

"No—no that's—no, I didn't mean it like that. At all, I was just, I'm sorry. It was all great, it's great, you're great," He dropped his hands and let out a long breath. Ayden laughed at his reaction. She tried to ignore the idea that Percy talked about her to his best friend.

"I get it Grover, I was just messing with you. I'm glad Percy has someone to look after him. Especially after being claimed by Poseidon, he's going to need someone to guide him. Someone to look after him," Ayden reasoned as she gestured to Grover.

"I don't think that's my job anymore," His hoove hit the dirt lightly as he sighed.

"I thought you were best friends?" Ayden asked.

"Yeah, we are, just I kind of got myself into trouble, but that's not the issue. Anyway!" He redirected. "I'm glad to have finally met you, Ayden Rivera. I look forward to becoming friends with you in the future, but I have to go to chores now."