Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

"Grover," Percy called.

"What are you doing?" Ayden complained. She stared down at her hands seeing the trail of blood. She quickly wiped them on her pants trying to get rid of the blood.

"Someone is making hamburgers," Grover sniffed the air once more. "In the middle of nowhere on a satyr path. Whoever it is they're from our world."

"Grover, that doesn't always mean a good thing," Ayden reasoned as they found a road. Grover led them around the turn seeing a diner. "Aunty Em's." They walked past it seeing statures in the distance. Ayden got an eerie feeling in her gut. "This isn't good."

"Oh come on." Annabeth scoffed.

"What?" Grover asked.

"Aunty Em has a garden on petrified stone folks," Annabeth reasoned as she gestured to one of the creatures. "Yeah, this is from our world alright. Anyone wanna guess what Em is short for?"

"Oh," Grover stopped walking as they stood in front of the big statues.

"Let's get out of here, please, while we still can," Annabeth added as she turned around. Ayden's eyes were locked onto one of the statues. The others turned and stopped as the fury landed behind them. "Ayden." She turned seeing the Fury. Percy passed the box to Grover as he pulled his sword free.

"You should have accepted my offer?" The Fury spoke.

"Offer? What offer is she talking about?" Percy asked looking over at Annabeth and Ayden as she moved forward pulling a dagger from her pocket.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told your sister," Ayden smirked.

"Not today friends," A woman spoke. "Not on my doorstep." The Fury turned covering its eyes with its wing. Ayden and Percy turned seeing a woman come around the statues. She had a hat on that covered her eyes.

"Oh shoot," Grover looked at the ground forcing his eyes shut. Annabeth doing a similar thing. Ayden shoved Percy's head to the ground as she stared at her shoes as well.

"If you have something to resolve, why not come inside and I can help?" Medusa offered. "Alecto, will you be joining us?" She paused. "No, well I would think you would. She won't bother you as long as you're with me."

"She won't bother us at all when she's dead," Ayden breathed. Percy glanced at her for a moment as she gripped the dagger in her hand.

"But it's not likely that she'll leave either not if it means she failed to retrieve the son of Poseidon," Medusa added.

"How did you—," Percy muttered. His head turned a little but Ayden glanced up at him. The two held eye contact as she shook her head.

"A forbidden child has been claimed. How long do you think that secret would be kept? It's a pleasure to meet you son of Poseidon. I'm Medusa." Percy's head slowly lifted, but Ayden stepped in front of him.