Dylan's Candy Shop

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

"Knox," Blair grabbed one of the blankets uncovering the view

"Knox," Blair grabbed one of the blankets uncovering the view. "When you hang this one up I can't see the stars."

"Half the fort is open if you keep that uncovered," Knox let out an aggravated huff as he stared at Ayden. She just shook her head like she wasn't getting involved.

"Can everyone please shut up!" Dean covered his head with his duffel bag. He was using it as a makeshift pillow. The others were leaned against the overturned tables hoping they would provide comfort for a few hours.

"I can't sleep." Charlotte slid until she was lying flat on the ground.

"We probably could if people stopped talking," Esme muttered as she leaned her head on Balirs' shoulder.

"I can put you all to sleep," Knox wiggled his fingers. "If you'd like?"

"I thought you were a dream walker?" Ayden stared at him. He shrugged.

"I'll be whatever you want from me. I can usually put people to sleep." Dean looked over at him.

"I'm begging you, man, please." Knox snapped his fingers and Dean's head slumped to the side.

"Bombs away," Charlotte rolled onto her side. Knox snapped his finger and she went limp. He did it two more times as the other two seemed to get closer to each other. He scooted over putting the blanket back over the edge of the tables.

"You next," He smiled at Ayden, but she grabbed his hand before he could snap.

"I don't want you in my head." She patted his hand as she let go and leaned back against the table.

Her hand played with the heart necklace on her neck. She could feel how fast his heart was racing and she didn't know how concerned she should be. The thought that it might stop at one point made her want to through up. She was fighting every urge in her body to teleport to the underworld to see what was happening, but she couldn't. They were going there discretely, she could give them away. Her presence will be noticed by Hades.

"I can't go into your head without permission, though," He sat back. "I doubt you'd let me put you to sleep. You are extremely stubborn."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Ayden smiled. "But I can be persuaded."

"Only by the name Percy Jackson," Knox winked at her.

"Yeah that's it," Ayden shook her head. She cracked each finger on her hand, the sound echoed around the hollow hall.

"Do you sleep well?"

"No." Ayden sighed. "I don't sleep well ever, usually."

"And what's the expectation," Knox tilted his head. "Or rather whom?"