Thalia

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

After Clarisse had arrived. The other campers celebrated with her as they made a fire and burned the banner the others had made for her. Mr. D had put the Fleece on the tree and the barrier was restored. They still had to keep up the barrier guard until then. Ayden was on shift, of course. Mr. D didn't let her get off the hook just because Chiron was back. Silena had gone to get her from the cabin to tell her. Percy wanted to speak with her, but he was saying goodbye to Tyson. Annabeth however was on watch with her.

"I'm sorry about Cameron." Ayden looked over to the girl.

"I don't know why you're apologizing. You didn't do it and anyway, she's doing it to protect Ki." Ayden reasoned as she looked down the hill. The sun was going to be coming up any minute now.

"I know, but I mean—you were close with both of them and they—."

"Annabeth, we are close friends too, but I really just don't want to talk about it. We all can't stay together forever that's not how life works." Ayden let out a long breath. She sat in the empty cabin for hours waiting for someone to come by, but no one did. She decided that she wouldn't wait anymore. After the sun rose she was going to leave and start her own quest. She just had to speak with the oracle first. There was a soft noise behind them. The pair turned to see something moving near the roots of the tree. Annabeth was the first to move forward.

"Oh my gods!" She yelled. "Get Chiron! Wake camp!" She yelled out to Berkendorf as he jogged back to the big house. Ayden moved closer seeing the figure lying at the base of the tree.

"Is that–?"

"Thalia," Annabeth muttered as she touched the dark-haired girl's cheek. "The fleece didn't just fix the barrier, it healed her completely." She laughed. "This is incredible." She stood up and returned to Ayden's side.

"I'm happy for you," Ayden explained. She stared at the girl with dark hair and punk-style clothes on. They stayed there until the sun came up. They stayed there until Chiron, campers and Percy had come to the tree. They all came to witness Thalia awake. Annabeth and Grover helped her toward the infirmary, but Ayden went straight to the big house. Percy trailed behind her unsure of what to say or do. He watched her enter. 

Ayden had heard stories about how the oracle could make people go insane. She knew she wouldn't Percy had seen the ORacle a few times already, so she would be fine, but she still didn't like knowing that she could lose her mind. The stairs to the attic creaked with each step. She pushed open the door and saw the oracle sitting on the far side. There were objects all around the attic from other people's quests. The oracle looked like a mummy.