CHAPTER 2 - Just Boyfriends

"Hey, Ohm!" Nanon said in an anxious tone as he entered the hospital room in a hurry. After spending a whole day without seeing him, all he wanted to do was to hold his boyfriend in his arms. Since Ohm was diagnosed with bacterial tonsillitis, he wasn't allowed to have direct contact with other people. According to the doctors, Ohm had to be on antibiotics for 24 hours, and his fever had to be gone before anyone could visit him. Only after that time period, he wouldn't be contagious anymore. Even though Ohm was being properly looked after by the hospital staff, Nanon couldn't stop worrying about his condition. He missed him like crazy, and those 24 hours felt like a never-ending heart wrenching torture. Nanon's heart broke in a million pieces when he saw the videos of his lover in a hospital bed, but when he videocalled Ohm that same day he was committed, Nanon succeeded in keeping a smile on his face, even though he struggled to sound enthusiastic and positive. It was like he depended on Ohm to breathe now, and he hated the fact that a goddamned bacterial infection was keeping them apart right after they decided to become boyfriends. Therefore, when the waiting was finally over, and they could physically meet again, Nanon's anxiety level was sky-high.

"Hi, Non. Look who's here." Ohm announced quickly, pointing to a quiet Mark Pakin leaning on the window next to his bed. Ohm obviously hurried to inform his lover that they weren't alone in that room. When they talked on the phone one hour earlier, he had made Nanon promise that as soon as they were able to touch each other again, Nanon would have to throw himself in his arms and tell him how much he loved him. Nanon naturally crunched his nose, called him a manipulative baby, and refused to do such a cringey thing, but Ohm ended up convincing him with his puppy eyes and sickly voice. Ohm was anticipating that hug, and deep down, Nanon was looking forward to it too. Of course, he wouldn't let Ohm know that perhaps, he was aching for him a thousand times more. Actually, Ohm didn't have to make him promise something that he already planned to do. The singer craved to feel his lover's comforting warmth and breathe the same air as him again.

Although the lovers yearned for each other, Ohm figured that their epic reunion wouldn't be possible with one of their friends in the room. Being overly affectionate in front of people was nothing new, yet, now that the nature of their relationship had changed, they had to be extra careful not to out themselves to the world. Therefore, as soon as Nanon arrived there, Ohm himself decided to halt any 'romantic' gesture his boyfriend was ready to make by just giving him a warning look and announcing Mark's presence. Communication through the eyes always worked with them. They spent excessive hours around each other to know how to send a message across through a simple stare.

Nanon immediately understood the careful look on Ohm's eyes, and swallowed. He did greet Mark as he walked up to him, he also gave him a pat on the back, and tried to act casual, but when his eyes travelled to the bed again, he miserably sighed at his own defeat.

He flexed his neck from one side to the other and swallowed before he dropped the bag he was carrying on the floor and ran in his boyfriend's direction. Ohm's eyes widened as a crying Nanon embraced him and buried his face on his chest. For a moment, Ohm felt like crying too, but he told himself that he could keep the tears in, at least until Mark left the room. However, when Nanon placed a soft kiss on his chest and whispered an almost inaudible 'I love you' against his hospital gown, Ohm couldn't take it anymore. His eyes watered, and a tear ran down his face as he hugged his lover tightly. Suddenly, it was like there were only them in the room, and nobody else mattered. He was about to say something really compromising when Mark started chuckling beside them.

"Guys, seriously, when the fans see this touching scene, you two will trend worldwide again, but this time, for months!" Their friend commented, as he recorded the loving reunion on his cell phone. Ohm and Nanon immediately disentangled their limbs for each other and glared at Mark. Nanon was the first to protest and recompose himself. He wiped his tears and shot daggers at his friend.