Chapter 67: Just a Sheath

"I just hope all the others agree that we'd better act fast, instead of waiting for their first move." A stubborn Thai stated.

"I must suggest buying guns instead of drugs this time. Now that Mark is awake, I don't think we can finish both cousins by ourselves with just a couple of syringes." Nonnie said sarcastically.

"Nonni-"

Before Nanon could reprimand his sister, their phones started ringing at the same time.

"It's P'Chimon." Thai commented as he took his phone out of his pocket and checked the name on its screen.

"It's P'Perth." Nonnie checked her phone too.

"It's Ohm." A startled Nanon whispered, wondering why his ex would decide to call him out of the blue. Ohm had been avoiding him like the plague since he believed that the twins had temporarily made a home for themselves inside his body.

The trio eyed each other with apprehensive looks on their faces until finally one of them answered the phone.

"Phi, you're on speaker, I am at P'Non's house. Both Kirdpan siblings are here. What's going on?" Thai spoke tensely, as Nonnie and Nanon came closer to him to better listen to what Chimon had to say.

"Good thing you're all together. Perth and Ohm are with me. We need to talk, all of us. ASAP. Mark is awake. It's all over the news." A nervous Chimon said at once.

"We are aware, Phi. We can barely believe it ourselves." A shocked Nonnie commented, wondering how the news became public. "It's really unfortunate-"

"Did he or his cousin try to contact any of you?" Perth cut her off.

Before any of them could reply, another familiar voice, in a rather desperate tone, talked through the phone too. The texture of that passionate sound made Nanon miss the old him whom Ohm loved so much...

"Is Nanon okay? Let me speak to him. Thai, listen to me, brother, do not leave his side until I get there. I need you to keep an eye on him-"

"Stop it, Pawat. Can you please not lose your shit? Why would I need your brother to keep an eye on me? Do you think I am a fucking child?" Nanon sighed in frustration as Thai and his sister gave him a reproving look, but he continued. "I can look after myself. I don't want you to come here. I don't want you anywhere near me. I surely don't wanna get infected by that level of anxiety of yours. If that freak is back to the land of the living, the best thing we can do is stay away from each other, like we've been doing all this time." He added sourly. Nonnie shook his head at him, while Thai simply judged the singer with his eyes. The trio could hear Ohm cursing under his breath through the phone. Nanon caught a few offenses directed at Nannfah, but that character wasn't really there with him anymore, and he had no intention of letting his ex know that.

"I agree with Non." Perth said, but expressed his concern over the present situation. "Notwithstanding, we do need to meet up and come up with an emergency plan. We cannot ignore the fact that we can all be in danger."

"I think we should meet at your house then, Phi. My mom will be here soon, and we won't have the privacy we need to talk about this matter." Nonnie suggested.

"Alright, then. I suggest you all clear your schedules if you have one. Call in sick, do what you must. We'll be waiting." Perth said and hung up the phone.

"My car is outside. I'll drive." Thai announced hurriedly, but as soon as he did, an agitated Ning entered the house.

"My children, you won't believe what I heard-"