Chapter 7: Just Nerves

"I don't get it, you always wanted to go to Japan. Why are you being so cranky?" Ohm raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend. They were in Nanon's room and their plane was leaving in two hours. Ohm couldn't believe that his responsible and diligent co-worker/love of his life was still not done with his packing. He wanted to believe that Nanon wasn't unstable, and that he hadn't touched any drugs lately, but his mood swings were really worrying him.

"You talk as if we're going on a honeymoon trip! It's work Ohm, we're going to be surrounded by the other GMMTV's guys and entertaining a bunch of international fans. It's not like we're going to have time to explore the tourist attractions by ourselves, go sightseeing, or have romantic dates whenever we feel like it." Nanon explained, feeling anxious about Mark's disappearance. Not seeing nor hearing from the man after Chimon gave him the third degree, made Nanon wonder what the former player's next move would be. Chimon had already planned to stop by the man's house again to apologize for his last outburst, but no one seemed to be there. That was the first step of Nanon and Chimon's counterattack. Chimon was supposed to get on Pakin's good side, take back all the offenses he shouted at him, and pretend not to know what was really going on between him and Nanon. Afterwards, Chimon was supposed to invite him for a few drinks, get the former player drunk, and with Nanon's help, drag an intoxicated Pakin somewhere private, where they could take a few nudes of him. That way, Nanon could get his own back by blackmailing the man who blackmailed him. In Chimon's opinion, his strategy was fair and simple, but the singer wasn't sure if Mark would fall for that. Actually, Nanon didn't know what to think now that Mark had gone completely AWOL. Without the former player around, it was going to be difficult to execute any kind of plan, and Mark would still have him wrapped around his little finger.

"I know, but we can find at least one hour for ourselves, right? I bet no one will recognize us on the streets of Yokohama. And even if they do, Japanese people are too polite. They won't bother us." Ohm said softly, assuming that his lover was bothered by the fact that they once again would be close to each other but unable to be as close as they wanted to, just because they had many eyes on them.

"One hour is not enough to explore Japan with you. Can you blame me for wanting to have more than an hour of fun with my boyfriend?" Nanon whined. Deep down Ohm thought it was cute of Nanon to get annoyed by that kind of thing. The singer's disappointment only showed him that being just friends was definitely not enough for them anymore. However, there was something else bothering Nanon, something the singer concealed through his impeccable acting, and Ohm couldn't put his finger on it. He was sure that Mark, the drugs, and Nanon's weird behavior were connected, but Ohm still didn't know how. He was determined to unravel that mystery on his own though. He was an actor too, and he could also make himself look gullible, in order to make his lover comfortable around him. Whatever Nanon was hiding from him, he had a good reason to do it. Therefore, Ohm decided to play along, until each piece of that puzzle fell into place and truth was brought to light.

"I love it when you call me your boyfriend." The older actor smiled, and Nanon violently threw a pillow at him. Ohm felt more in love with the singer every day, and he couldn't help laughing whenever he noticed that Nanon still attempted to maintain his tsundere's tendencies even after confessing to him. Ohm could bet he was getting cheesier than him by the second. Everything could be perfect between them, if there wasn't a nameless shadow behind his lover's eyes that made Ohm doubt Nanon's actions and words. "But seriously, I promise you we'll have some time for ourselves."

"We'll see." Nanon replied as he kept stuffing his suitcase with lots of clothes.

"Non, we're not even spending a whole week there. Why so many hoodies? You won't need-"

Ohm didn't get to finish his sentence. Nanon grabbed his suitcase in a rage and threw it against the nearest wall. Ohm was shocked as the items in the suitcase flew around the room and scattered on the floor. He then eyed Nanon with an alarmed look in his eyes. The singer muttered an inaudible 'I'm sorry' and turned away from him. Ohm covered his mouth in shock, as he stared at his trembling back for a long minute, still trying to register what had just happened. Nanon was crying, he could hear his sobs, and he couldn't bear to see him in that state. He slowly approached the singer and backhugged him. He held him as if he held the most fragile and precious thing he ever had the chance to hold.