Chapter 12: Just Dead

"Ohm? Where are you?" A confused Nanon entered the house and wondered why it was so quiet. "Are you playing hide and seek after ditching me and my sister at that shop?" He ran a hand through his hair and frowned when he got no response from his boyfriend. He checked the kitchen, the living room and decided to finally go upstairs and see if the older actor was playing a prank on him. Ohm had texted him earlier while he was still at the shop with Nonnie. The siblings didn't even notice how fast time passed while they had a heartfelt discussion about the Mark Pakin situation. Nanon had opened up to his sister and as expected, she expressed his repulsion towards what the former player had been doing, and even apologized for bringing him to that unfortunate double date. She also assured Nanon that she would support whatever decision he made, whether it was going to the police or solving that issue in a more radical way. She insisted that Ohm should know, and that once he did, he should be the one using whatever means necessary to shut Mark up and make him get rid of the nudes and video, in case they really existed. According to her, there was nothing fairer, more romantic, and more heroic in this world than a man fighting to protect his lover's honor. Nanon almost smiled at the silliness of his sister's words. She could be pretty childlike sometimes, and on those times he couldn't help remembering that Nonnie was still too young to consider the consequences of allowing Ohm Pawat to 'protect his honor'. The singer did have to find a way to get rid of Mark, but he had no intention of involving his lover in his war plans. He was aware that the former player could get even more intimidating after he tried to deceive him that morning, but Nanon was certain that Chimon wouldn't let him face the creep all by himself. He knew he could count on his good friend, no matter what. Positiveness had managed to get a hold of him at last. Having Nonnie on his side revitalized his courage. The hug his sister gave him reinvigorated him somehow. At least one more person knew what he was going through, and that felt quite therapeutic. His mood improved even more when she offered him her ice-cream. He hadn't ordered anything because he was afraid of being recognized as soon as he took off his face mask, yet, once he did start eating the ice-cream, he just didn't care anymore. Two nice things had happened on that Saturday morning. His sister supported his relationship with a man, and she also validated his complaints against another. He didn't have to suffer in silence now that he had two allies backing him up. He was determined to fight back the former player.

When he saw Ohm's message, he couldn't help feeling a bit anxious though. His boyfriend's text said that he needed to go back to the condo immediately. And that was it. No more explanation. He tried calling him, but Ohm wouldn't pick up. Nanon could only guess that his lover had to hurry home because someone had spotted him in the shop. So, after putting Nonnie in a cab, he went home.

The front door was open when he got there, but he thought that Ohm was just being careless about security. He couldn't help furrowing his brows when he reached his bedroom and everything was dark in there. The window and curtains were closed, and all he could see was his lover's shape sitting on the bed.

"Meung, is this some sort of kinky game? I'm not sure I'm up to it." Nanon flexed his neck on both sides and turned the light on. He gasped when he saw the state of his room. Everything was out of place, his closet was wide open and there was clothes and accessories on the ground. Some furniture was broken, even his mattress had been cut up in shreds and Ohm was quietly sitting upon it. There was a sledgehammer on his side, and his toe was bleeding quite badly. The first thing that came to Nanon's mind was that a burglar had broken into his home and his lover tried to fight the criminal. He quickly went to Ohm and kneeled in front of him to check if he was hurt anywhere else.

"Ohm, Ohm, Ohm! Talk to me." He said hurriedly as he touched Ohm's face with both his hands and grimaced at his unresponsiveness. "Should I call the cops? An ambulance? Shit, what happened to you, baby? Hey, hey! It's me, Nanon!" He exclaimed as he gave the older's cheek light slaps. Ohm just eyed him with indifference. There was an emptiness in those orbs that scared the singer. He figured that Ohm was in shock and needed medical assistance. However, when he grabbed his phone in order to call for help, Ohm yanked it from his hand and threw it next to the door. Nanon was taken aback, and puzzled at the same time. When he saw the phone hit the floor, he realized that his assumptions were wrong.