Chapter 49: Just Red: Danger

A few hours later...

"What the hell are you doing here? I am about to meet Perth, go away." Nanon said fiercely as he saw a stoic Chimon approach him. He never expected to see that friend of his in the lobby of a 24-hour gym. He was there to meet Perth, who had finally texted him back and told him to meet him there. The singer did not intend to talk to Chimon before seeing Ohm. He really didn't want to change his mind about visiting his 'ex-lover'.

"Perth couldn't come. Pawat already gave him a headache this morning, the guy needs a break. Why did you call him anyways? I can pass to him whatever information you need to give him. I am his replacement for now. If you don't like it, deal with it." His friend gave him a nonchalant look as he stood in front of him. The singer couldn't help losing his cool.

"You fucking lied to me!" Nanon accused him, pointing a finger at his chest. Chimon crossed his arms impatiently. Nonnie had already given him the heads up. Her brother was back, and he knew they had kept him in the dark about Ohm's real condition. Chimon was expecting that hostility.

"I didn't lie to you. I just omitted a few things. Stop complaining, will you? How come the moment you land in this goddamn country you don't even give your best friend a call!? You didn't even remember to tell the old and good Chimon that you're back. All you care about is that loser who's drowning himself in-"

Nanon gave him a hard push and glared at him. "That's why I didn't call you. I know exactly what you're going to say. But I won't stay away from him." The singer clenched his jaw, but all Chimon did was bear with his vexation.

"I figured! While I was driving here I told myself that for both your sakes I had to convince you to let him go, but as soon as I stepped into this gym, and I saw the expression on your face, I totally realized that I shouldn't bother! As a matter of fact, right now I think that you've gotta see him. You must go there and have a good look at that guy. You will see that the Ohm you loved is gone! Believe me when I say that he's not even a shadow of his old self. I've never seen someone change so much in such a short period of time! And he doesn't listen to anyone! Just like you! You guys are like two peas in a pot. You know what?! I am done! I am tired of this shit. Since there's no way you will accept my advice, I guess I should stay out of your way, and let you learn the hard way, pal. Go ahead and waste your time. Just be careful not to get hurt too much. You're still an actor and you need to look after your appearance." He clicked his tongue and ran an exasperated hand through his hair.

"You're just trying to scare me." Nanon scowled.

"No. I'm supporting your goddamn decision." A resigned Chimon shrugged.

"Is Perth with him?" The singer swallowed.

"Perth's probably at the university by now. He has classes this afternoon. But he was with him when you texted." Chimon said, not sure of how to advise his two friends anymore. "He said he left the key of Pawat's front door under the doormat. The gate is unlocked. You can just let yourself in."

"I will see him then." The singer insisted.

"Suit yourself. See if I care." Chimon took a deep breath and suddenly changed his tone. "Meung, can we just hug now? I haven't seen you in a month and I was so fucking worried about-"

Nanon pulled him to his arms and hugged him tightly. The air was cleared, just like that.

"Seriously, I ran out of ideas. I swear I don't know what to do anymore. He's trying to back out from Our Sky 2, and the remaining Fan Meetings overseas... He doesn't want to work with you anymore. P'Aof has been trying to convince him that's a bad idea. P'Tha is not accepting that. Ohm is in no position to refuse work opportunities. He knows that, but he just don't care. If there is someone who can change his mind, that person is you." Chimon told him sincerely and let go of him. Nanon nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.