Chapter 10: Just Home

Being back home was nice. Japan was undoubtedly an unbelievable experience in both professional and personal levels. The time the couple spent together overseas allowed them to overcome a huge barrier in their relationship, and establish some boundaries regarding how close they could be with other people. Sucking friends' fingers, accepting lap dances, and coming close to other guys' crotches were actions which should not be repeated in the future. Both actors expected to avoid ugly fights like the one they had in that hotel room in Japan, so they agreed that communication was the key for solving any of their conflicts. The only problem was that deep down, Nanon knew that he couldn't be completely honest with his boyfriend. Being totally truthful about what was really bothering him lately, could cause them to face more predicaments than they were already facing. For Nanon, returning to Thailand meant returning to his responsibilities as a son, as a brother, as an actor, as an idol, and as a man who had to pretend at all costs that he wasn't in love with another man. He had to be cautious whenever he was with Ohm while surrounded by other people. He had to be cautious now because he was obsessed with Ohm as much as he believed Ohm was obsessed with him. He had to be cautious for many reasons, especially because a certain homophobic, former friend of his, called Mark Pakin had become his number one enemy. It was easy to forget about the man's existence for a while when he was travelling. He temporarily found comfort in the thought of being miles away from the psycho. He could relax a little knowing that Mark wouldn't be able to harass him in Japan. He was even convinced that he was only able to have proper sex with Ohm because they weren't in Thailand, he was drunk, and Chimon had already informed him that Mark was nowhere to be found. But now, that the plane had already landed in his home country, the singer could feel a shiver run down his spine, and his dormant anxiety creep in.

As soon as Ohm stepped out of the plane he clung to Nanon. The latter made no effort to push the man away, after all, his boyfriend's touch even appeased his nervousness a bit, but he wondered, just for a brief second, if Mark was hiding somewhere amongst the countless OhmNanon's fans who gathered at the airport just to welcome them back home. There were flashes everywhere, and having his picture taken nonstop by a crowd who claimed to love him, reminded the singer of how his image could be exploited without his knowledge. It reminded him that if those fans saw glimpses of what happened in Mark's bed, they probably wouldn't have so much appreciation for him anymore. He avoided thinking about what his family, friends, and boyfriend would do, if nudes of him ended up on social media sites. He kept telling himself that he had no proof that Mark had indeed taken pictures of him, and that perhaps the man had only made up that story of nude photos and videos to freak him out. But the doubt persisted, and he felt the need to meet the man in person again to demand further answers from him.

He was already in a car when he received a text from Chimon welcoming him back and letting him know that Mark was still nowhere to be found. His mother was driving, and Nonnie was in the backseat with Ohm. His sister was commenting about how Twitter was flooded with images of Ohm back hugging him at the airport, but the singer could barely focus on her teasing. He hadn't forgotten how Nonnie claimed that the way Ohm acted around him wasn't 'normal'. He couldn't get past her, 'we'll talk about this when you get back from your trip.' He had already returned, and he was not even a little eager to have that conversation with her. He wouldn't be able to bear the fact that his own sister, whom he loved so much had a problem with his relationship with Ohm. He hated to think that Pakin was not the only bigot in his midst.

"Mom, you can take the bags with the souvenirs home. There are gifts for the whole family in it. I don't wanna deal with relatives right now, so Nonnie can deliver them. Ohm and I are staying at my condo for today. We are jetlagged and we need rest. My back hurts from being on that plane for too long and he knows some great massage techniques to easy back pain. So you guys can drop us off and-"