Chapter 48: Just Yellow: Caution

A MONTH LATER...

"Thanks for picking me up." Nanon thanked his sister as the latter parked the car in front of their mother's house.

"No problem. Since you said on the phone that you got me awesome souvenirs from Japan, I guess this is the least I could do." She said playfully as she removed her seatbelt and moved to open the car door.

"Wait, don't get out yet." Nanon begged as the fact that he was back in Thailand finally sunk in. After being away from his country for a while, he couldn't help feeling a little nervous. He had turned his back on several conflicts before he left, now he wondered if he was ready to face them again.

"What? It's just mom and dad inside. They will be ecstatic to see you." The girl chuckled at his nervousness and also unfastened her brother's seatbelt. Nanon sighed and gave her a look full of uncertainty. "Why are you getting cold feet? Relax. It's not like it's your wedding day." Nonnie joked, but immediately regretted what she said the moment she saw the dejected expression on the singer's face. "Sorry."

"I probably won't get a wedding day in this lifetime. I can't marry anyone but him. And as far as I know, I am dead to the man I love." he whispered in an anguished tone. She rolled her eyes.

"Quit being grim. You've just come back from a lovely country, and I won't allow you to wallow in self-pity so soon. Now that you're here, you can try to work things out with him. You can-"

"Ohm never picks up my calls. He's clearly avoiding me. I've been in contact with Chimon all the time I was away, and he says I shouldn't force a reconciliation. In his viewpoint, I should keep my distance for now." A conflicted Nanon inhaled, clasping his hands together.

"I told you already. They had a fall out. Of course P'Chimon would advise you to stay away from him after what happened between them. But I don't think you should take sides without hearing P'Ohm first." Nonnie put a consoling hand on her brother's shoulder and gave him an encouraging look. "And you should see him, you know? Maybe he will feel better once he lays eyes on you. Since the day he issued that apology on social media, no one is able to drag him out of his house. P'Perth hasn't given up on trying though."

"I bet he didn't." A pensive Nanon chewed on his lip and eyed the frontage of his family's house. "Anything else I should know before I get in there?"

"I should be the one asking you that." She cocked her head to the side just to examine her brother's features properly. "Are you sure Mark's cousin hasn't contacted you?"

"If he had, I wouldn't hide it from you. I told you I would keep you updated about this. Since I got on that plane, he's been silent. No more challenges, no more weird phone calls, or surprise meetings...I really thought he would show up eventually while I was in Japan. You know, just to mess with my head. But he didn't. I haven't heard from him since I left Thailand a month ago."

"That's a good thing, right?"

"I don't know. And not knowing what to expect is quite irking. I'm still paying his allowance religiously though. I didn't dare to stop."

"Perhaps, he died?" She considered it for a moment. Her brother scoffed.

"I am not that lucky." The singer ran a hand through his hair and exhaled. "You didn't mention this guy's existence to dad, did you? He doesn't even know about what happened between me and Mark. I don't want him freaking out about-"

"Don't worry. The only ones who know about Ananda Kunaanuwit is me, P'Chimon, P'Thailand, and P'Perth. And that's how it's gonna stay." Nonnie patted his shoulder and gave him a consoling look before they finally left the car.