Chapter 4: Just Sick

When they arrived at the party, Nanon's mood greatly improved. The singer truly enjoyed being around people, after all, he had always been a social butterfly. Ohm knew that, to the point that sometimes he felt like an introvert whenever he was in his best buddy's presence. The kisses on the cheeks and bear hugs Nanon was getting from P'Tay and P' New didn't bother him too much, but the way Nanon easily got engrossed in conversation with other people and acted like he was just another one of his other colleagues made him resent the singer a little. The fact that Nanon was hiding stuff from him soured his mood even more. He ended up drinking too much, even though he wasn't supposed to. He was sitting by himself at a far away table when Chimon noticed his state, and soon landed on a chair beside him.

"Having fun?" Chimon asked, studying his features.

"At least someone is." Ohm raised another glass to his mouth and glanced at his boyfriend sitting on a table surrounded by dozens of their acquaintances.

"Why are you here looking so isolated, man? This is a real OhmNanon party. You guys should be joined at the hips." Chimon joked, and the other scoffed.

"Not in public." Ohm said shortly. Chimon furrowed his brows. That was new.

"Nonsense. Come join the happy table, you look like a loser sitting here all alone."

"You said only our close acquaintances would be here. I see a fucking crowd stealing Nanon's attention. That's not what I expected." Ohm complained like a child.

"Don't be sulky. You know how these parties are, someone always brings another person, who calls another, and at the end of the day, the supposedly private gathering turns into a GMMTV's BL party." Chimon chuckled, but Ohm was not laughing.

"I hope he doesn't insist on staying for too long."

"Hey, man, I know how you feel about him, and I also know that something had to change after those love confessions you guys shared during that FM. Wanna talk about it?" Chimon gave him a sympathetic look.

"Nope." Ohm replied shortly. Since Nanon didn't allow him to tell anyone about their relationship status, he wasn't going to discuss that topic even if his most trusted friend insisted on questioning him.

"Are you guys fighting again?" Chimon sounded concerned.

"Mon, give up. My lips are sealed."

"Well, since you're not talking, I'll have to find another source to provide me these answers." Chimon smirked at him and stood up. Ohm had a puzzled look on his face when he saw his friend walk towards Nanon's animated table. Ohm quickly realized what he was going to do, but didn't dare to stop him. He knew how smooth his comrade could be, so he just let him do his thing.

Nanon was laughing out loud when Chimon pulled him from his circle of acquaintances and brought him to a more private corner of the club.

"Man, P'Jennie is hilarious! Did you even see those dance moves?" Nanon asked with an ecstatic smile on his face. Being around people did have a positive effect on his mood.

"Non, forget the happy crowd table and look at me." Chimon said impatiently. Nanon blinked a few times, unable to keep his body from not moving by the sound of the music.

"What is it? Why so serious, Mon?" Nanon asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I need your advice. I won't take much of your time and I'll be quite straightforward. Are you listening?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead, man." Nanon stopped moving his body and focused on his friend.

"Okay, here it goes." Chimon took a deep breath and started. "I have these two great besties who work in the same industry and they acted together in a BL series. I know for a fact that one of them has a long-time crush on the other, but never dared to say anything. Then this big event happens and they get to confess their undying love to each other. Are you following me?" Chimon asked, as he noticed the look of consternation in Nanon's eyes. The music seemed to have stopped for him and the ecstatic expression on his face was long gone.