Chapter 62: Just a Sailboat

"Ohm, don't do this! Remember the time you told me to always be there for you, and stop you from doing stupid things? This is one of those times." The Nong argued as he walked up to the pair and tried to take the car key from Ohm's hand.

"Not now. Go back inside, Perth." Ohm's sentence didn't sound like a request, but a command. He gave the younger man a not so gentle push and opened the car door for Nanon to get in. The singer was about to get in the passenger seat when Perth grabbed his shoulder.

"If he's not listening, you should at least listen to me. Why should you get in the car of a dirty slut you will never marry? You know where this road is taking you both. Be the smart one, since he's practically brain dead! I'm trying to be your friend too. Some things are not supposed to be. You're bad for each other." Perth struggled to persuade Nanon, who gave him a conflicted look.

"Get your hands off him!" A fuming Ohm warned Perth, who just focused on the singer now.

"Are you gonna forgive him just like that? What about Mark's cousin? Are you ready to deal with the truth? Believe me, you won't. I saw the video. You will regret this, and you know it." Perth shouted at the singer, whose anguished expression turned into one of shock.

"What video?" A confused Nanon asked, but before Perth could answer him, Ohm punched his Nong on the mouth. A glimpse of regret trembled in Ohm's eyes when he saw a bleeding Perth on the asphalt, but when Chimon and Nonnie came out of the house, Ohm regained his determination, pushed a hesitant Nanon inside the car and drove away from there.

~~~~~~~~~~Hours later

Most of the car ride was silent and tense. Nanon ignored the vibrating cell phone in his pocket and observed Ohm's hands move the wheel swiftly, as if he needed to get somewhere really fast.

"Where are you taking me? Pat and Pran's dorm room? I remember you took me there last time you were trying to make a point. Well, let me warn you that's not gonna work this time. We're not gonna fuck, alright? Sex never solved our problems, only made them worse. If you think that what that snivelling teenager said at that party makes any difference-"

"I'm gonna give what you want. I will tell you everything." Ohm said at last. He was driving even faster now, and the finality in his voice caught the singer out of guard. Nanon swallowed, and tried not to let his anxiety overwhelm him.

"Why do you have to drive for one hour and a half just to tell me the truth?! Can't we just go home and discuss this like two normal people?" An apprehensive Nanon asked, not really sure if he was strong enough to hear whatever the older had to say.

"Chimon interrupted us back there. I planned to tell you everything, now I'll make sure no one gets in our way." Ohm glanced at him for a second and focused his eyes on the road again. "Once you know everything, you can make your decision. And no one will dare to make it for you. I have to do this now, before I change my mind."

"It's bad, isn't it?" The singer eyed him with dreadful anticipation.

"You'll see for yourself." Ohm replied darkly as he slowed down the speed of the car and parked in front of a marina. "We're here. The boat is ready for us." He announced as he stepped out of the car. A puzzled Nanon couldn't help feeling uneasy, but he still got out of the car and followed his ex to the dock.

"Did you buy a sailboat?!" The singer frowned as he watched the older actor get on a fancy large boat and started to carefully inspect all the cables and ropes that supported the mast. It seemed it wasn't the first time his ex was doing that.

"Not a chance. Just like you, I have many debts to pay, so I couldn't afford a boat like this one. Maybe some day, when things start looking brighter for us, I'll get one, who knows. But this beauty here belongs to a friend of Force. He kindly lent it to me for a few hours."