Chapter 71: Just a new Era

"Is my mom with you?" Nanon asked through the phone.

"She left earlier. She had forgotten that she had to meet your sister for the wedding dress fitting. She apologized for not being able to stay in the studio till the end of your interview."

"We were going to have dinner together tonight." Nanon clicked his tongue.

"It seems she won't be able to make it sir. She told me to bring you home safely though."

"Well, I can drive myself home." Nanon said as he left the elevator and scanned the garage until he saw the black limo pull over next to him.

"She would feel better if I made sure no one followed you back home. And I can help you with that, sir."

Nanon huffed and opened the car door. Once he got inside the limo, he kept complaining. "That's so like her! Trying to be a super mom and doing everything she can to be present in our biggest moments...I don't recall seeing her ditching Nonnie when I was the one getting married though."

"Allow me to remind you that you got married in another country, sir. And she only got the invitation a few hours before the ceremony." The driver spoke gently as he started to drive.

"You probably think I'm a spoiled, stuck-up kid who makes movies and they are successful because my name is in the credits-"

"What I think is irrelevant. But since you mentioned my opinion, let me tell you that I admire your work a lot, sir. And I'm proud to be your driver."

"If you say so." A pleased Nanon smirked a little and laid down on the comfortable seat of the car. "I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when we get home."

After half an hour, the driver finally reached Nanon's mansion and kindly called the director's name to wake him up. "Khun Nanon, we're here."

"I'm too tired to get up. Can you carry me inside the house?" The director mumbled and handed his key to the driver, who simply snorted and nodded to him.

"As you wish, Khun Nanon."

When the gate closed behind the limo, the driver hurried to open the car door and then the door of the mansion. Although the driver did look like he had never missed a day at the gym, he struggled to remove the director from the car, bring him inside the mansion, and carry Nanon up the stairs. The humble driver did not complain about the task, but he wasn't smiling either. He threw Nanon on the bed without much kindness.

"Are you comfortable now, Khun Nanon?" The panting driver asked as he crossed his arms and towered over the bed, where an indignant director glared at him.

"Can't you be more delicate? I'm not that heavy, Phi. How come we're almost the same age but you already act like an old man? Haven't you been hitting the gym regularly? What are all these muscles for, anyway?" A whining Nanon raised an eyebrow at the driver and grinned. The driver scoffed as he slowly unbuttoned his uniform.

"Forget how I praised you in that car. You are indeed a spoiled kid, who needs to learn a lesson or two about humility." The driver narrowed his eyes at the young director and removed his shirt exaggeratedly. "Old man, you say? Let me show you what this old man is made of." he added and started to unbuckle his belt, without taking his eyes off Nanon, who eyed him with slight disdain now.

"Are you going to punish me, Phi? Show me how bad you're willing to lose your job then. I dare you. Once my mom finds out you messed with her favorite child-"

Before Nanon could finish his hilarious line, he burst out laughing as he watched the seductive driver in front of him suddenly trip twice on his own pants and fall over the bed.