Chapter 41: Just Gazes

"So what game do you have in mind, pal?" Marc asked abruptly, smirking at Drake, who didn't waste time suggesting something polemic.

"What about truth or dare?" Drake asked the group suddenly.

"No!" Both Nanon and Ohm answered at the same time. They really didn't want a reprise of what happened right after the GMMTV FanFest in Japan. Although that nasty game led to their first time, those dares were quite traumatic.

"What about Never have I ever?" Prom suggested. "It's less brutal, but still quite revealing."

"Most of you are low-key drunk. You guys wouldn't survive even a single round of Never Have I Ever." Love shook her head in disagreement.

"I second that." Milk added.

"I have a better idea. I came prepared, folks! I've brought Twister!" Lotte announced, as he took a huge mat out of his backpack lying in the sand. "No alcohol involved. All we need is the Twister mat, a spinner, a flat surface, and flexibility. It can surely guarantee us some laughs."

"Never heard of it. Care to explain the rules of the game?" Jimmy asked curiously.

"It's pretty simple. It's like putting two people against each other in a contest of contortionism. I've got this mat with 4 different colors of circles on it, you see?" Lotte explained, spreading the mat on the sand. "Players should face each other from opposite ends of the mat. Then, a referee spins a wheel to determine where a player must place their limbs. Players cannot move any limbs not specified by the referee. Whoever cannot reach one of the circles, or lets a part of their body hit the floor is the loser."

"I've played this one before, it's pretty fun." Love said ecstatic.

"We'll be falling all over each other. The girls might not be comfortable with the physical contact part. It might be a little inappropriate when we only have two female participants. "Ohm pointed out, as he glanced at the singer. Deep down, his concern wasn't mainly for the girls there, but for someone else. Nanon was the only one there aware of that. His lover's look was very easy to read, 'This is a warning, and take this warning very seriously. I do not want anyone in this group forcing you to the edge of a mat or spreading you out across it. No limb of these people shall touch your body. I am half drunk, and I'm not responsible for my actions.' Nanon couldn't help smirking at his silent message. Ohm was not just being unnecessarily possessive, he was being incredibly silly, after all, every single one of their colleagues there were straight. At least, that's what he thought.

"Exactly. Plus, Non can't play this one. He hurt his back." Jimmy reminded them, discarding that possibility.

"It's okay, P'Jimmy. I wasn't planning to join any game after all. I can just watch you guys bend and twist your bodies and laugh at your sorry faces." Nanon grinned, and for the first time that night, he sounded more relaxed around his peers. It seemed that his social interaction button was pushed at last. Ohm's jealousy reminded him why they were there. It reminded the singer that Ohm just wanted to spend some time alone with him during that weekend, and that he himself joined him in that trip to the Zero Waste Village because he knew the older needed a distraction from his problems. Abandoning a tipsy Ohm that night to deal with the antics of the BBS gang by himself wouldn't be fair of him.

"There's actually a role for my Nong here. He can be the Ref. He can be responsible for calling out the color, and instructing the participants which hand or foot to move. And for the 'uncomfortable' part that Ohm mentioned, I can be Love's opponent. We can form the girls' team, and when the guys' team has a winner, one of us will just play one round with the boys' champion as the final match." Milk suggested, and everyone seemed to agree.