Chapter 73: Just Us 2

Perth didn't dare to go after Ohm, so he apologized to Nanon instead.

"Non, I don't know what happened on this roof between you and that kid, but I need you to know that I only invited Prom to the wedding because he sounded really remorseful on the phone and-"

"You should go back to your wife. She must be wondering where you are." Nanon told Perth sincerely. "I'm not having this conversation with you tonight. Believe me, you don't wanna have this conversation with me tonight."

A careful Perth chewed on his lower lip and didn't insist on the subject. He didn't want to make Nanon regret accepting him in the Kirdpan family. "Look, I'm going back to the venue then. Will I see you before Nonnie and I leave for our honeymoon?"

"Why not?" Nanon raised an eyebrow at him. "If I'm gonna wish my dear little sister safe travels and give her a farewell hug, you'll probably be there when I do it, right?"

"Of course!" An uneasy Perth nodded and smiled. "Thanks, man. Your support means a lot to us. I appreciate you being here tonight and-"

"Meung, stop kissing up! Just go back to your wife!" Nanon pushed him in the direction of the door of the roof and clicked his tongue. "And don't let me regret letting you marry my baby sister."

Perth chuckled and walked away. Chimon had his arms crossed and a puzzled look on his face. As soon as he and Nanon were the only ones on that roof, he sighed in frustration.

"You're letting Prom work his way into your husband's life again? Why?"

"Relax, Mon. I know who I am dealing with right now." Nanon said honestly. He didn't want to tell anyone about Prom's suicidal tendencies at that moment. He himself was still trying to digest that stomach-churning scene of the young man standing on the ledge of that roof. He didn't feel like talking about death on the roof of the venue where his beloved sister was celebrating her wedding.

"We all do. And if he fucks up again, I'll fucking make him pay!" Chimon said firmly.

"What are you gonna do, friend? That kid finished the Kunaanuwit cousins in one go. Do you even know how to shoot a gun?" Nanon asked in a playfyl tone, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I'm glad to hear you talk about this stuff with so much easiness. You're stronger than you used to be Non." Chimon pointed out with a smile, and Nanon simply nodded to him. "But if N'Prom crosses the line again, he will need more than a gun when I come after him.

"You're kinda adorable when you get all overprotective, you know that? Aww, let me give you a kiss, Mon." Nanon walked up to him with open arms and his unwilling friend started to dodge his hug.

"Get away from me! You're the cute one, not me! Nong Meow, stay away!" Chimon couldn't help squealing when Nanon started running after him with a mischievous grin on his pursed lips. They played tag for a while on that roof, until Nanon captured him and showered his squirming friend with kisses all over his face. Chimon tried to get free, but Nanon's comical expression got the best of him and he burst out laughing. They ended up rolling on the floor, giggling nonstop. Afterwards, the duo just stayed there, lying on their back, looking up at the sky, with huge smiles on their faces.

"Listen, I get it that it's a bittersweet night for you. You're happy for your sister, but at the same time, you feel that Perth stole her from you. I have a sister too, and I understand how you feel. But you don't have to worry about Nonnie, she's going to be fine. Perth is a very reliable guy and he obviously loves her. He wouldn't dare to face the wrath of her super bro Korapat Kirdpan Chittsawangdee if he wasn't serious about marrying her." Chimon said lightheartedly, breaking the comfortable silence between them.