Chapter 15: Just owned

They were playing a very loud game on the computer. It was a shooting game in which the gamer had to save victims who were screaming for help while being abducted by evildoers. That was Chimon's excuse to finally get rid of Perth, who looked slightly horrified at first when Mark's yell reached his ears. Only after he listened the lame excuse from the owner of the house, he chuckled, nodded to the pair before saying his goodbyes, turned around, and left. After all, it was easier to accept that Chimon and Nanon were playing a violent game on the computer than believing that they were holding someone captive in that house.

As soon as the young man was out of their way, Nanon and Chimon hurried upstairs just to find a giggling Mark mocking the startled look on their faces. He could have screamed a bit more, he could've drawn the attention of the whole neighborhood to that house, but all he did was beg for help once. His hands and feet were still restrained, but the tie that was supposed to gag him was too loose. Apparently, Mark had no intention of escaping nor being rescued. He wasn't struggling, nor trying to free himself from the belt handcuff that restrained his hands, or the shoelaces binding his feet. He didn't act like a victim, and he definitely wasn't behaving like a prisoner yearning to be released. Actually, Pakin seemed to enjoy the whole thing, and the despair adorning his captors' faces was clearly amusing to him.

"How was it? Were you two fools able to find a nice excuse to cover up your crime? Or perhaps, the police are coming? I didn't mean to fuck up your plans, kids. I just wanted to see how good your performances would be in a thriller flick. Are you guys sweating already?" Mark asked mockingly, and the other two scowled.

Chimon couldn't keep his feelings in check now. He approached the man on the corner of the room, and slapped him eagerly, until the corner of his lip started bleeding again. A perturbed Nanon watched his friend lash out at the former player mercilessly, but did nothing to stop him. His patience was already running short too. They couldn't keep that snake in the house forever, but they needed to get the truth out of him before they'd let him go.

"How's that funny, huh? Were you trying to get us in trouble, you son of a bitch!? Do you really want to die? Is that what you're seeking for? But you're not gonna die, you hear me? You're not going anywhere either. Not until you tell us where are you hiding the pictures and video you shamelessly-"

"Okay, okay!" Mark shouted, before another slap landed on his cheek. Chimon halted his movements and raised an eyebrow at him. Nanon, who was pacing around the room, finally stopped to listen to what Mark had to say. The man spit a great amount of blood on the floor, grunted and started talking. "The photos and the video are not with me, it's somewhere safe, where no one can find them. I gave it to someone I can trust, just in case something happened to me. As a matter of fact, I've gotta make a call at noon, if I don't, the whole shit will go viral on the Internet."

Chimon gritted his teeth, stood up, raked his hands through his hair and sighed exasperatedly.

"Should we consider the first option now?" Nanon suggested in a rather dark tone as he approached the man on the floor with a spark of hatred in his eyes. Chimon shook his head at him.

"We're not murderers, Nanon. Besides, dead people don't make calls. Making this call is necessary. I guess you and I both agree on that."

"Why did he only mention this person now? He's playing with us, you realize. Inflicting pain on him is not going to work." Nanon argued in despair. He couldn't believe that the asshole had let someone else see those disgusting images. He felt used, and extremely demoralized. It was already shameful enough the fact that Mark had seen him in that state and had taken advantage of it, but now that he knows that some else also laid eyes on those disgraceful images, he couldn't help feeling nauseated and mortified.