Chapter 11: Just Poison

"Have you guys seen the OhmNanon BTS sky train?" A grinning Ohm asked proudly, as he sat beside his lover at IceDea, a popular ice cream shop in Bangkok. Although they were both wearing masks, caps and sunglasses, Nanon was still uneasy about that double date. Being recognized by an observant fan was not the only reason for his despair. He also hated being in the presence of the blackmailer who had been giving him grief. The criminal who had supposedly made a video and taken inappropriate pictures of him while he was unconscious just pretended to be one of his best buddies in front of his boyfriend and sister. The singer didn't like the idea of interacting with the former player on a Saturday morning, but Nonnie had to make things difficult for him, as always. Mark and the girl were sitting across from Ohm and him enjoying a Durian ice cream.

"I read about something like that on social media. It's a symbolic way of celebrating the 1st anniversary of the Bad Buddy the Series' debut. I just think that the faces of all actors and actresses who took part in the project should be plastered on that train too." Mark smirked.

"Aww, are you feeling left out?" A humorous Nonnie said in a baby voice, and gave him a pat on his shoulder. If Nanon wasn't wearing sunglasses, everyone would notice that he was glaring at his sister. Sometimes, the fact that he and Nonnie had the same habit of being too sociable and quite open to skinship bothered him to no end. Maybe it was just the way they were raised, maybe that playful consoling hand on Mark's shoulder was just a manner of displaying her friendliness, but Nanon was far from being okay with his sister touching that obnoxious excuse for a human being.

"Not at all. I'm just glad for my two greatest friends here. People are travelling to Bangkok just to ride that train, can you believe that? Guys, you're making history in this industry." Mark spoke light-heartedly. Nanon counted to ten, and then to one hundred. He couldn't bear the man's cynicism.

"And I'm so proud of my dear brother and his best buddy!" Nonnie commented cheerfully and pinched one of Nanon's cheeks.

"Stop, you're going to ruin my mask!" The singer complained and pushed her hand away from his face. The girl just stuck her tongue out at him and giggled.

"You have no idea of how your support is important to us, Nonnie." Ohm confessed. "I was almost certain that Non would leave me if you were against our relationship." He smiled and winked at the girl. "Thank you."

"I wouldn't break up with you even if Nonnie didn't give us her blessing, but I will leave your ass if you don't stop smiling at my sister like that." Nanon protested, giving him a harmless punch on his arm. He didn't know how cute that little gesture looked, but everyone at the table thought it was adorable and were unable to hide their grins. Ohm wanted to pull him in his arms but he didn't dare to do that in there.

"I heard from P'Kwang that you guys will have a packed schedule next month. By the way, I can't wait to see my brother performing on a big stage! Nanon Korapat the singer is so much charming than Nanon Korapat the actor!" Nonnie kept hyping her brother up and Nanon couldn't help eyeing her with amusement. Sometimes she acted like her number one fan.

"How come you know about my monthly schedule before I do?" The singer snorted.

"Mom always gets a copy of it from your manager, and I often memorize it. In October, your fans will get tired of seeing your faces. There is the Lazada 9.9 Live Event you guys will also have to attend together. There is also another Milo event with team OhmNanon in it, and that Galaxy Z Flip 4-"

"Can we not talk about work for now? Like you said, this is a date, right? Let's enjoy some peace while we can." Nanon complained, and Nonnie just made a face at him.

"Working with your lover can't be so bad." Mark grinned at the pair. Nanon chewed on his lip and endeavoured to ignore the man's presence.

"For Nanon, work is always work, and whenever the cameras are on him he's not Nanon the boyfriend. He's the Nanon co-worker and entertainer. He doesn't mix business and pleasure." Ohm commented without thinking.