Chapter 16: Just Horror

Nanon remained silent during the whole trip. He didn't even open his mouth when he realized Mark wasn't taking him home. Nanon was convinced that nothing could be worse than the shame of having images of his body all over social media. He wasn't sure if that pitiful story Mark told him was true, but at that point he didn't care anymore. He at least thought he knew what the psycho wanted from him now. Nanon told himself that he shouldn't resist if the man decided to re-enact the shitshow of his past relationship with the guy who did those horrible things to him. Nanon knew that Mark could end his life in the blink of an eye if he refused to comply with his terms. The singer was done, he had no fight in him anymore.

The former player drove half an hour until he reached a location which Nanon wasn't very familiar with. Mark led him to an apartment which the singer didn't know if it belonged to him or someone else, but Nanon didn't care to ask.

When they entered the place, Mark locked the door and showed him the living room, after telling the singer to make himself after home.

"This is not my home. Am I a prisoner now?" Nanon asked out of curiosity. He wouldn't complain if the man confirmed his suspicious.

"Don't be ridiculous. You're never a prisoner here. You can come and go whenever you want, but you must always come back to me at the end of the day. You're not allowed to return to your condo though. People can easily have access to you there, and I don't like that. I have to know where you're going and whom you're going to meet all the time. I will not interfere on your work schedule, your classes at university, nor your family visits, but Chimon and Ohm are only allowed to see you if it's a work-related occasion." Mark poured some whiskey in a glass, sat on the sofa and eyed the uncomfortable singer up and down. "Any more questions?"

"Do you want me take to off my clothes now? Where do you want me?" Nanon asked abruptly.

A shocked Mark almost choked on his drink before spilling it all over himself. He laughed out loud as he looked at Nanon's outraged face.

"What do you think this is, Non? Why would I want you to take your clothes off? Have you lost your mind?" Mark eyed him in disbelief.

"You made very clear that you want me all to yourself. You took me from my friend's house, brought me here, opened a bottle of alcohol, practically dictated how I should live my fucking life from now on..." Nanon paused just to sigh in despair. He had never learned how to deal with a lunatic and he was having a hard time putting up with the former player's enigmatic actions. He looked away and resumed his speech. "You keep giving me these filthy looks! What the hell am I supposed to think?"

"So, you think I brought you all the way here because I wanna fuck you?" Mark gave the singer an unreadable look. Nanon looked away and inhaled.

"You tell me you had a friend you used to fuck, then you tell me you want me to be your friend-"

"So, would you be up for it?" Mark smirked.

"Perhaps, if I had to. I might puke while we're at it, but it's not like I have a say in this. I'm the one who has a lot to lose. I wasn't given a choice, was I?" Nanon didn't believe his own words. He wasn't sure if he would really be able to let Mark touch him. He was just trying not to look as pathetic as he felt at that moment, but he didn't know exactly how the former player would interpret his words.

Mark nodded and stood up. Nanon gasped and automatically took a few steps away from the man, who simply chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

"You misunderstood me, Non. Tell you what, if you're able to just behave like you used to, you know, like when we were real friends, I'll never have to force you to do anything you don't want to." Mark cocked his head to the side and smiled at him. Nanon naturally protested.