Chapter 47: Just Consequences

"Why are you putting all the blame on him, huh? Do you think I don't want him? He didn't force me to go to that village. He didn't force me to do those things on the beach! I was there with him willingly, and I loved every single minute of it!! Those photos are mere proof of our love! What I feel for him is not a result of Method Acting, or some random virus I got! I am not confused, or going through an identity crisis. I shed Pran's skin a long time ago. What do you know? You know nothing about us! A prejudicial, conservative, and ignorant mind like yours is unable to understand what's right before your mediocre eyes. You don't know the first thing about the two of us-"

A slap on the face interrupted Nanon's speech. The singer felt the shock before the pain installed itself on his cheek. P'Tha, the man who claimed to treat him like a son had just slapped him? Within a second, Ohm jumped on the short, middle-aged CEO, who was easily tackled on the floor. P'Tha looked scared as the older actor manhandled him roughly. He struggled against Ohms hold, yet, he was unable to free himself. He was only able to escape Ohm's fist because Nanon held his lover's arm.

"He's not worth it! Don't do it." The singer shook his head and tried to pull his fiancé away from their boss. "Please, get up, let's get out of here. Come with me." At first, a panting Ohm refused to climb off of the man on the floor. Every fiber of his body screamed at him to tear the CEO apart. One of his hands was still balled into a fist while the other squeezed the collar of P'Tha's shirt tightly. He shot daggers at the helpless man, who was clearly unable to dodge his boiling fury, and incapable of avoiding the shouting so close to his face.

"Who do you think you are!? Have you lost your goddamn mind? You can curse at me, call me names and even fire me if you want to. But I will not allow you to lay a hand on my fiancé! You hear me, you disgusting, homophobic piece of shit!?" Ohm yelled at the man, and he was only separated from him when P'Leo, and other members of the staff ran into the restroom after hearing the commotion from outside.

Ohm was still beside himself even when P'Tha was out of his reach. "This is not right! You're not his owner! You do not touch him again, or I will kill you, you hear me?! How dare you! He's not your son, or your slave, old man! He doesn't owe you anything! And if you think I'll let you treat him like that, hurt him like you just did, because I'm afraid you will let people know about us, think again!"

P'Tha played the victim in front of the staff. He started telling everyone that Ohm had just attacked him out of the blue. "This young man is having an episode. Call security! He assaulted his own boss for no reason at all!" He shook his head in fake outrage. "Don't think that just because I am very concerned about your mental stability, I will not press charges, young man!" the CEO pointed his finger at Ohm.

All the crew eyed Ohm as if he had lost his mind. The make-up artists and three cameramen were doing their best to keep Ohm from unleashing his ire on the CEO again. P' Leo was still trying to figure out what had happened there. Security was already on their way, but the couple's manager knew better. Kwang was appalled at the scene she was witnessing, but she still grabbed the key of the van's company, handed it to the singer and told him to get Ohm out of there.

"I'll handle things from here. You both need to go now." She whispered to the singer, who immediately freed Ohm from the members of the staff, grabbed his arm and ran away from the set.

When they got into the van, all Nanon did was drive. He didn't know where they were going, or why they were fleeing like a pair of criminals, but he drove away, without looking back. Ohm was still bellowing like a madman, calling the CEO all kinds of names and wishing he could go back there to beat the shit out of him while Nanon just kept telling him to calm down. The singer assured his fiancé that everything would be alright, but he was having a hard time convincing Ohm of that. After driving for about 20 minutes, the older actor beside him, finally said something coherent.