Chapter 51: Just Even Steven

The next morning was a heavenly torture for Ohm. He woke up to the faint sound of chords coming from an acoustic guitar not far from him. When he opened his eyes, Nanon was sitting at the edge of the bed, freshly showered, and wearing his own clothes. Ohm could only see his back, and for the first time in his life, the presence of the singer brought him a certain kind of exhilarating sadness. He was glad to have Nanon back in his life, in his house, in his bed, but he knew they weren't okay. He had sobered up at last, and he didn't mind lying there a little more and punishing himself in silence. He couldn't help thinking about how nice that morning could be if some real fucked up shit hadn't happened the night before. He wished he could simply pull Nanon back to his side, and shower him with caresses and kisses until the singer decided to put that guitar aside and cuddle with him in bed for the rest of the day. However, their relationship had unfortunately reached a new low, and joyful moments like the one he had just pictured in his mind were just unattainable. After all, hours ago, Nanon had offered his neck to be slashed with a piece of glass, then Nutty 'showed up' and they started fucking, then he slapped her, and proceeded to make love with Nanon after promising that he would not leave him. A small interval claimed by sleep was the preamble of what was more than a trivial spat. An unvoiced betrayal was the last straw before they made love again in that bed. No forgiveness was uttered, but miraculously, Nanon was still in the room that morning. It was incredible how he could remember every tiny detail of the mess that took place in his house, even though he was as drunk as a skunk. He wished he had no recollection of any of that, but he did. And he kept rewinding the scenes inside his head, nonstop. After a half-assed, grave confession almost destroyed their bond, he couldn't believe how they magically survived that night together. His mind was exploding, his conscience was heavier than ever, and he didn't really want to face what he had done to the man he loved. Shame, and remorse made him let out a quiet sigh.

"I answered your phone earlier. P'Kwang called. P'Tha arranged this meeting with a few other company executives. You need to be there at 9." Nanon said softly, without moving from his spot.

"How did you know I was awake?" The older asked in surprise.

"The air in the room became murky. Your loaded conscience is keeping you from moving from this bed. I could hear you sigh from a mile away." Nanon turned around and smiled sympathetically at him. Ohm was relieved to realize that the slap he delivered on his cheek, apparently, wasn't as bruising as he thought. There was no mark there on the beautiful face before him.

Nanon caught him staring and clicked his tongue. "I was never fond of make-up, but I never thought the concealer I got from my sister as a gift would come in handy one day." He added with a wink. Ohm was quickly disappointed.

"It was as bad as I recall then. You wanna hit me back? Please hit me back." The older said as he eyed his lover apologetically.

"If I wanted to hit you back, I would've done it yesterday night." Nanon put his guitar aside, grabbed a cup of water and an aspirin that were waiting for Ohm on the nightstand and handed them to him. "By the way, I got that red dress in Japan. When I saw it, I only thought of you. I imagined you would like to see me in it. But you tore it to pieces. That was quite ungrateful of you. Trashing a lovely souvenir like that, it ought to be a crime." He added with a grin. Ohm furrowed his brows. The singer was apparently in a good mood, but there was something off about his demeanour.

"Non." Ohm sighed again. He didn't know what to say when his lover pretended that everything was fine between them. He didn't know why Nanon was acting like nothing had happened. He didn't even know how to approach the dire subject, the cheating.

"We had our first time in Japan, remember? You wanted to top me, but I ended up topping you...We were so drunk then, so drunk in love and jealousy...You were angry because I had sucked on Billkin's finger during that truth or dare game. You called me a whore, and I slapped your face. We shouted at each other, and then we ended up in bed. I had a considerable amount of alcohol in my system but I remember every second of it. It was weird to be back in that country without you. It was like you were there, but you weren't. Everywhere I visited, I imagined how cool it would be if you were by my side." Nanon reminisced, in a bittersweet tone.