Chapter 65: Just Awake

March 22nd, Ohm's birthday

"My mom is not sure if she can make it. But she wished me happy birthday on the phone." Ohm said, less crestfallen than he sounded the last time he talked to Chimon on the phone. He was in his backyard watering his plants while Thai and Perth played VR games inside the house.

"Well, she's making an effort, isn't she?"

"I guess." Ohm sighed, not really sure if the relationship with his parents would ever be mended.

"Man, I am so sorry I have this stupid schedule on such an important date! I promise you that as soon as I am done here, I'll dedicate my whole evening to you, bro."

"Don't worry. My brother and Perth are here. It's not like I am spending my birthday all alone. You don't have to drive all the way here today. I know you must be tired. We can meet tomorrow. I'll save you a slice of cake if my giant little brother doesn't finish the whole thing tonight." Ohm chuckled as he put the hose aside and sat down on the grass just to appreciate the night sky.

"So, you and Perth are good again?"

"Well, I gave him a call like you told me to, and we talked things out. He was surprisingly cheerful when I invited him over." Ohm said softly, really thankful that he hadn't lost a friend like Perth.

"You see? I am always right."

"Yeah, you bet you are." Ohm said as he shook his head at his friend's words and lay down on the grass to have a better look at the sky. If he glimpsed a shooting star in that vast dark blue horizon, he knew exactly what he would be asking for his birthday. He knew he would be asking for someone's presence.

"I hear crickets. Are you outside?"

"Yeah, I've been neglecting the poor plants-"

A groan interrupted Ohm's sentence and made him sit up on the grass. Someone had jumped over the fence of his house and for some reason, the alarm of the place didn't work. He was ready to clock an inconvenient trespasser when a familiar shape was illuminated by the moonlight.

"I'll call you later." Ohm hung up the phone on Chimon and stood up, just to make sure he wasn't seeing things. "It can't be." He thought out loud. "Nanon?!"

"You look like you've seen a ghost." The man walked up to him and smiled. A smile that Ohm wasn't quite fond of. That face was right, but the curve on those lips was painfully wrong. Unbeknownst to him, Nanon was still getting used to being himself. The singer still had to peel off a few of the twins' body language traits he had mastered impeccably and used for too long on a daily basis.

"Naanfah." The older sighed and turned away, going back to his previous seat on the grass. "Please go away, I can smell the whiskey from here."

"Aren't you happy to see your lover boy? That's not the reaction I hoped to get from you." Nanon commented in a derisive way and sat beside him in a lazy manner. Letting Ohm think that he was still Tiger felt weird at that moment, yet he knew that his ex could keep a safe distance from him if he still believed that he was not himself. "What about a hug?" He opened his arms, but the older chose to scowl at him.

"How did you get in here? Why are you here?" Ohm groaned in displeasure.

"I disarmed the alarm of your front gate. I know the password, it's my birth date. I came through here because I know that Perth is inside. He wouldn't let me cross the entryway if I simply knocked on your door. That friend of yours is quite problematic and possessive. I tried to avoid the fuss since it's your special day. And I am here because I guess I kinda owe you that. We worked together for months, and you were quite cooperative. If it wasn't for your professionalism we wouldn't be able to finish all those fan meetings overseas. You were able to smile even though your heart was breaking. To express my gratitude, I came here to wish you a lovely happy birthday." Nanon said in a mocking tone, and Ohm couldn't help staring at him with infinite longing. But his gaze soon focused on somewhere else.