Chapter 7: Shake It Off

June 23, 2023 (4 days before the wedding)

"You look so nervous." Yoongi said backhugging his fiancée.

"Kim Seokjin is on his way."

"Finally! I missed him so much." Yoongi said while kissing Jimin's neck.

"Jungkook will also be here, right?"

"Fuck! I almost forgot about him." Yoongi said stopping whatever he's doing and resting his head instead on Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin turned to him and moved his face so that his future husband will look at him.

"They will see each other at the wedding anyway. Let's give this as an early meet up."

"This will be torture for the both of them." Yoongi said hugging again his fiancée.

"It's been 5 years. They should start moving on."

"Sadly, 5 years never made them start." Yoongi said, then moving away from Jimin. "Well, let's prepare early because this party will be a blast. Jungkook will take Hoseok with him by the way, so we better prepare for the worst. Taehyung also arrived earlier so I think this will be more like a reunion rather than a bachelor's party."

"You should have told me about Hoseok! I should have asked Namjoon to come with Jin here." Jimin said rolling his eyes at Yoongi and leaving him in the room.

"This is a disaster. Fuck!" Yoongi muttered. "I will never get a rest before my fucking wedding." He whispered and mentally cursing himself more.

***************

"Did you have any trouble on your way?" Jimin asked when he picked up Jin at the doorway.

"Not really. It's easy to find and the driver had been so kind."

"Come on! Everyone's kind to you because of your face." Jimin said looking at his dashing friend. "You also look extra handsome tonight. Will you be going out after this?"

"What are you saying? It's just a normal me." Jin said flaunting his silky white dress shirt, paired with black slacks that made him look like a prince, and to him this is just a casual attire.

"Whatever you say. Come inside, Yoongi had been waiting for you."

"For sure. He never even welcomed me." Jin said irritably at Yoongi.

"I knew you'd say that and will be in my grave written by you." Yoongi said suddenly appearing and hugging Jin who did not respond to him. "And obviously, you are still mad." Yoongi said and moving away from Jin.

"Whatever. I need my drink!" Jin said moving away from Yoongi. He followed Jimin instead and Yoongi just scratched his head knowing very well that Jin is just not mad because of this but also because he did not choose him as his best man.

On their way to the bar, Jin saw Jimin's parents and paid respect to them before following Jimin. He had a few conversation with them about business and life before he let them go to Jimin.

"It's just an intimate party." Jimin said. "Just family and friends."

"That's nice." Jin commented. He looked afar and saw a familiar figure. No matter how much his body built to being muscular, Jin will always recognize it.

"Here's your..." Jimin looked at the direction where Jin was looking at. "Whiskey..." he said but looked at Jin who was just staring blankly at the person. He knows it's not the right time and place but it's better now than at the wedding. "Jin!"

Jin shook his head and looked at Jimin. "Sorry, Jimin. What was that?"

"Your whiskey?" He said, handling Jin a glass with ice and the 42 year-old whiskey bottle.