Chapter 29: Tonight

Jungkook tried to sleep that night, but it isn't just happening. He moved to different places but hem's just still not sleepy.

He remembered how Jin moved away from him and left his coffee early that day when he said he wants to protect him again. He must have moved really fast with that.

He also felt that Jin is not comfortable with just the two of them, based on his actions, and that made him be irritated and disappointed with himself. He regretted that whatever he asked from Jin before the issue of him and Hoseok exploded. He made him hope for them and then suddenly he just made him pregnant and left him. It was not his original intention but things went sideways and that impacted his whole relationship with Jin. But if there's one thing he doesn't regret at all, it's the fact that they had Jungwon, a ball of sunshine and an absolute image of him.

When Jungkook thought that this is enough and he accepted the fact that he won't be able to sleep, he stood up and went out of his room.

He got curious when he saw lights from the living room. He was sure that he turned off everything before he went to bed.

When he went downstairs he saw Jin watching television while drinking a cup.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked and Jin almost dropped the cup he was holding. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Jungkook said going near Jin to check if he's okay or if the cup he was holding spilled its contents on him.

"I-it's okay. S-sorry for my reaction. I just did not expect anyone." He said while putting down the cup on the table.

"Why are you awake?" Jungkook asked.

"I can't sleep. I assume it's the same for you. Jungwon was really tired so he was able to sleep right away." Jin said.

"You're right. I also can't sleep. Probably because I'm not used to the place yet. I'm used to sleeping on hotels and my house, but not in a more open space like this. Aren't you tired? You were also running around with Jungwon earlier."

"I see. I am tired but I can't sleep." Jin said simply.

"Shall we watch something until both of us can fall asleep?" Jungkook suggested.

"Hm, I don't know. I might just get back at our room. Jungwon might wake up in the middle of the night and will look for me." Jin said trying to avoid Jungkook.

This was quite obvious for Jungkook, so he tried to keep him. He wants to keep him close to him and wouldn't waste any minute just to make sure that they'll be closer, even just as friends.

"I wanna have the same as what you were drinking." He said.

"Oh, I just made hot chocolate."

"I see. Is it too much to ask you if you can make me some?" Jungkook asked. He fears for the answer but he hopes for the best.

Jin sighed. "I know what you are doing. I'll make you some before I go to bed."

"Perfect! I'll find a movie for us to watch." Jungkook answered with a smile.

"Kook..."

"I know. I just want to sleep soundly tonight, and I think it would help if I let go of this baggage." He said stopping Jin from what he was about to say.

Jin sighed again and left Jungkook to make hot chocolate for him.

Jungkook looked at him and smiled again, knowing that his plan is a success.

After few minutes, Jin came back with the hot chocolate.

"Which movie was that?" Jin asked.

"Deadpool 2." Jungkook answered. "Thank you." He said getting the hot chocolate from Jin.

"Wait, pause that. I'll get another hot chocolate for me." He said and Jungkook grinned like a child.

"I still think that Deadpool is one of the best mate for Wolverine." Jin said while they were watching.

"Agree! Did you remember when we were watching the first deadpool movie! God, you almost cry even though it's meant to be comedy! You said you are happy seeing Ryan Reynolds!" Jungkook said laughing at Jin.

"That's an ultimate moment for me!" Jin said slapping Jungkook's arm for teasing him.

"You've always knew that he'll be playing it! What is so dramatic about the movie anyway?"

"You don't understand because only Iron Man and Spiderman are the red suit men you'll know!" Jin said pouting with furrowed brows.

"Okay okay, enough. Those red suit men are the best and you know that."

"Whatever." Jin said rolling his eyes at Jungkook.

"Why would you look at me like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like I hurt your favorite villain."

"How dare you? Deadpool is not a villain! He's an anti-hero but not a villain!" Jin said justifying Deadpool's role.

"Whatever you say." Jungkook said laughing at Jin's pouty reaction when he called him villain.

They just continued watching and when it was done Jungkook stretched his arms.

"It's nice to watch that again." He said but he was surprised to see Jin asleep beside him. "Hey, sleeping beauty, the movie's done now." He said in a whisper near Jin, not intending to wake him up.

Jin looked at him sleepily and just nodded. He slept again but this time, he lay his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "Hm."

"I like this." Jungkook whispered to Jin and he earned a smile from him. Jungkook looked at the television, smiled, and choose another movie to watch.

***********

The next day, Jin woke up but Jungwon is no longer with him. He panicked so he immediately looked outside forgetting whatever happened the previous night.

He rushed to look downstairs and when he was near the living room, he heard Jungwon's laughter. He ran towards the area. He then saw Jungkook and Jungwon playing with Jungwon's toys.

"Jungwon!" He said and hugged his son.

"Appa! Daddy Woonie playing." He said smiling.

"H-how did you get him?" Jin asked.

"He slept with me last night." Jungkook answered.

"He... what?" Jin asked. He tried to remember what happened and that's when it dawned on him. He thought it was just a dream but he fell asleep on Jungkook's shoulder. He gasped upon remembering it, but immediately covered his mouth, still he can't remember how Jungwon slept with Jungkook. He then thought maybe...

"Did you...I mean... well..." Jin asked trying to complete his sentence but can't.

Jungkook, understanding that Jin is having a hard time completing his sentence smiled at him, put Jin's hand down. "I carried you to your bedroom last night but Jungwon woke up. I did not want to disturb you so we played until he got tired again. I thought you might wake up if I'll put him beside you so I told him he can sleep beside me for the night. Don't worry, I did not sleep in your bedroom."

Jin breathe out the air he was holding.

"Who slept in which bedroom?" Taehyung said when he was going downstairs, overhearing Jungkook.

Both Jungkook and Jin looked at him in panic.

"Jungwon!" They both said at the same time.

"Woonie!" Jungwon said raising his hand. "Appa and Daddy!" He continued and both had their eyes wide.