Chapter 32: This Love

Jin woke up to the sound of laughters. He looked in the living room and he saw Jungwon and Jungkook playing early in the morning while his son kept on giggling. He stayed at the stairs looking at them and smiling to himself. This is how he always imagined his life would be with Jungkook, but it did not happen because of all the things that happened to them.

He shook his head and tried to forget how ideal this life is for both of them. Today is Monday and is Jungkook's 2nd day here in his place. He told Jungkook last night that he had to work and the latter volunteered to stay with Jungwon at home as he doesn't have anything to do.

Flashback to last night's conversation

"I have to go back to work tomorrow." Jin said to Jungkook while they're having their dinner.

"I can stay here with Woonie, if that's okay with you." Jungkook said with hesitation.

"Y-yeah. I guess that's fine. I usually take him to work of Chaeyoung is not around but since you're here, I guess that's a good thing since I might be busy at work trying to catch up."

"Not a problem at all. I completed recording my new album anyway even before we went to Jeju. Yoongi will just contact me in case changes are needed." Jungkook said and continue eating. "When will Chaeyoung be back by the way?"

"She said she should be here by Monday, next week."

"I see. I'll go home once she arrives." He said with a sad tone which Jin observed.

Jin stopped eating and looked at Jungkook. "I think... uhm... you can stay whenever you want. Jungwon would like that." He said then continued eating without waiting for Jungkook's response.

It was now Jungkook's turn to stop eating. He looked at Jin to know if he was not dreaming and that he heard it correctly but Jin just kept on eating.

"Jin?"

"Hm?"

"Did I hear it right? I can stay here whenever I want to?" Jungkook asked.

"Y-yes. You heard it right. We---well, I actually overheard you and Jungwon talk when he asked you to stay because Jimin and Yoongi stay in the same house. I-I gue-guess I want to give him somehow an assurance that w-we are just like them."

"But we are not." Jungkook mumbled.

"But we can still have a healthy relationship for Jungwon. I mean, we can... I don't know... maybe..."

"I understand, Jin. We can do that for Jungwon." Jungkook said but at the back of his mind he'll use this time to win Jin back again, now that they are closer.

*********

Jungkook saw the big swimming pool at Jin's house so he immediatelty texted the latter to know if it's okay to use it considering it looks clean and unused.

Jin replied after 10mins saying they just have to be careful and he can use it with Jungwon.

Jungkook was happy and told Jungwon about it.

Jin on the other hand was having a headache because of multiple calls that Soobin had to answer. It looks like many members of the media wanted to get his statement about his and Jungkook's relationship and how Jungkook looks like Jungwon.

"Can't they even figure it out themselves? Of course he was his child!" He said shouting to Soobin.

Soobin was surprised. "He is?"

"Fuck!" Jin said. "Soobin, I am still your boss, right?"

Soobin nodded. "Don't worry, Mr. Kim, this is just between the two of us."

"Good. Go back to work." Jin said and Soobin went out to start his work again.

Jin sighed and massaged his temples. He didn't expect people to keep on bugging him but probably this is the expense of having a very famous father to his son. He wondered why no one was bothering Jungkook.

He checked on his phone and that's when he saw messages from Jimin saying that Yoongi's having a headache, too, trying to block media contacting their company about Jungkook's dating relationship.

He was about to call Jimin when Soobin entered again.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim, but your father is here." He said then politely bowed down before opening the room wider.

"You can leave, Soobin." He said when the old man entered. "What do you want?" He said, focusing back on his laptop.

"Son, I think we have to talk."

"If it's about me leaving the company, I can do that. How soon can you train your son so that he can start?" Jin said closing his laptop and resting his chin on his enclosed hands over his table.

"It's not about that. I'm sorry whatever I said about you and Namjoon. I understand your situation but I just thought that it will be best for your image to marry him." He said.

"I don't think you really understand what you are sorry for." Jin said.

"I am sorry for not believing you and understanding you as my son. I should have been there for you to really know what happened. I should have asked you first instead of judging you. I am sorry for not being the best father for you." He said.

Jin's face softened but he reopened his laptop. "Do you have anything more to say?" He said, focusing again on his work.

"We miss you, son. Me and your mom. Please don't block us like this."

"You can leave anytime you want to. Soobin will assist you." He said then called for Soobin. "Soobin, please assist Mr. Kim on his way out." Jin said. His dad just looked down knowing it will never be easy considering how much he hurt his son.

As soon as the door closed, Jin's tears dropped from his eyes but quickly wiped it with the tissues and breathe in and out to release the stress that he just felt.

He then heard a message to his phone and smiled when he saw the picture that was sent by Jungkook. It was a video of him and Jungwon who were happily swimming around.

All along, he thought that this love is dead. But seeing Jungkook with his son, his heart beats faster than usual, he is in love again. This love is alive again.