Chapter 35: We Are Never Getting Back Together

Jin suddenly woke up, heavily sweating. He had a nightmare with Namjoon trying to pull him away from Jungwon. Jungwon then went to his dad and he kept on calling him but he won't even look at him.

He breathes heavily while trying to calm himself.

He looked at the glass of water from his side table but found it empty. He decided to check on Jungwon and get water from the kitchen.

He opened his son's door slowly to not disturb him. When he saw that he's still asleep, he closed the door and went to the kitchen to get water.

While drinking, he remembered the dream he had and he put down the water heavily.

"Fuck!"

"Bad dream?" Jungkook suddenly said from behind which surprised him. "Sorry, I was about to also get water." He said seeing Jin's pale face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Jin said.

"Would you like to share? I can lend you my ears." Jungkook said.

"I don't think we're in that stage." Jin said then left Jungkook.

Jungkook just sighed. He thought they've already built something together but eversince they ate during their lunch 3 days ago, after Jin's product launch, their relationship seemed to be back to square 1.

When Jungkook was on his way to his room, he found Jin's room slightly opened. He then heard him crying a little bit. He knows they are not okay but he wants to comfort him. He knocked on his door and Jin stopped crying when he heard it.

"Leave me alone." Jin said.

"Jin, I am here not just as a father to Jungwon but also a friend. If you need someone to talk to, I can be that person, even if it's just temporarily." Jungkook said, hoping that Jin will open up to him.

Jungkook heard footsteps after few minutes.

"You should sleep." Jin said to him.

"I can't." Jungkook answered.

"Why?"

"I heard you shouting my name and Jungwon's name earlier. Are you having a bad dream?" Jungkook asked again seeing Jin's eyes with heavy bags under his eyes.

Instead of answering, Jin just nodded.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He asked again.

Jin bit his lip as he was hesitating. However, he remembered what Hoseok said to him about trusting Jungkook. He knows he should have someone to lean on right now and the best person to talk to is Jungkook.

"Jin?"

"Get inside." Jin said.

Jungkook was surprised but he still followed him inside.

He sat on a couch near Jin's bed while Jin sat on his bed.

Jin started fidgeting his pajama and didn't know where to start. Jungkook noticed this so he opted to start the conversation instead.

"Maybe we can start with the dream."

Jin breathe out. "It was Namjoon. Me and Hoseok formed a bond since the day that we've met just the two of us. He's the one who told me all about Namjoon's doing."

Jungkook was surprised but did not let his emotion distract Jin from saying more. He knows though that Hoseok has a very good nature and it's expected that he'll be close to Jin, only if they've met on a different circumstance.

"The night before the product launch, I received a call from Hoseok. He told me about Namjoon's plans in making sure that you will have the full custody of Jungwon and that I will be left to him alone.