Chapter 38: You Are In Love

The past month seemed like an enchantment for Jin. Jungkook will always bring him lunch at his office. As if Jungkook had a mantra that if Jin won't date him then he'll make sure that he'll make Jin know how it feels to be on a date with him.

Jungkook doesn't even mind when people at his office take pictures of him.

News about him courting Jin again was all over the media and even though Jin hated being the center of attention, he blushes whenever he reads news about Jungkook being blunt about his feelings for Jin and how he is trying to lure him again.

Jungwon is also happier when they are together.

Even with all the things that are happening, Jin's heart still has fears of its own. Ghosts that he wants to disappear. He looked at the latest bouquet given by Jungkook. It was a combination of Tiger Lilies and white roses. They look different than a usual buoquet but he learned recently that it was Jungkook who designs all the flowers he gives to Jin.

"He's really unique. This one looks exciting but calm." He said to himself while looking at the flowers. "I wonder what will be the next design."

His thoughts were disrupted when his intercom sounded. "Mr. Kim, your mom is here with me. Should I let her in?"

Upon hearing that, Jin sighed, "let her in." He answered. It's been months since he last met his parents. He tried to avoid them as much as possible because of what his father said about him and Jungwon.

"Seokjin-ah." His mother said as soon as she was inside his office.

Jin stood up. "I'm sorry for not meeting you. A lot of things happened and I did not want anyone to interfere with my decisions."

"It's okay, Seokjin. Can Inat least hug you?" His mom asked and Jin nodded.

Like a rain that suddenly fell on a summer, Jin felt a sudden surge of unusual emotion, and he suddenly cried.

**********

Jin ended up having lunch with his mom. He texted Jungkook that there's no need for him to take lunch as he will eat outside with his mom.

"How was Jungkook? I heard he's trying to pursue you again." His mom asked after he put his phone down.

"He's a good dad to Jungwon. I am glad they have a good relationship and I could not ask for more than that. I am just happy how they are together." Jin said.

"I think you missed the part where I said he is pursuing you again."

"Eomma... the ghosts of the past are hard to forget." He said.

"And the ghosts are just ghosts, in case you forgot. They are part of the past unless you make them your present. Some ghosts are meant to stay like that because they are lessons that you should learn from. Again, I am not disputing the fact that he made mistakes but your smile whenever you are with him tells me that he's the only person who can make you feel like that. He's the only person who can make you happy and seeing your pictures in the media whenever you are with him, I am sure that you have seen that as well."

"What if I make the same mistake of welcoming him back to my life but then hurting myself again in the process?"

"At least now you have Jungwon. You will always try your best because of your son. That's actually the miracle of having a child. They will make you happy and contented. They'll help you also find the fix to your mistakes. You'll see.

Eat more or your food will get cold." His mom said.

Jin ate silently, pondering more on what his mom said. He was also amazed to see his pictures lately as he looks younger and full of life.