Chapter 25: Midnight Rain

Jin woke up with a different feeling that day. He texted Namjoon a good morning and told him his plans for the day. It was unusual though that Namjoon haven't sent him a message yet considering it's already 7:30. He would usually wake up earlier than Jin and he would call him whenever Jin doesn't get up at 7.

Jin thought that he might have been too tired from last night as he mentioned that him and Jackson are still working hard in identifying the culprit in the anomalies of the financial report. He decided to take a shower and call Namjoon in case he won't get a response from him after.

Before taking a shower, he checked on his son and found him still asleep on his bed. He was probably tired again of his 3 days with Jungkook.

Recently, Jungkook taught him how to swim and that made a lot of change from Jungwon's usual exercise. He had been more active and Jungkook said exercising will tire him easily but at least it will build better muscles for their son. Jin agreed and Jungkook became his son's personal instructor as he has a pool of his own in his place.

The problem is that Jungwon gets to be more active when he is with Jin as he does not have time to help him exercise in their own pool. Chaeyoung offered one time, but Jin was scared if he is not seeing Jungwon. He might need to have another conversation with Chaeyoung about it.

He was about to take a shower when his phone rang and was confused to see why his mom had to call so early. So he answered it anyway.

"Mom? Are you okay?"

"Yes. I know it's early but just wanted to check on you."

"It's not usual for you to call me this early. Is everything okay with you and your dad?"

"Y-yes. Uhm, Jin, your dad and I talked after the dinner yesterday. Well, uhm, he-he is expecting that yo-you'll well..."

"Mom, go straight to the point." He said being impatient.

"H-he is expecting y-you'll m-marry Namjoon soon."

"What? We're not even dating for a year! Why is he rushing?"

"He said Namjoon will be a good asset for the company."

"Thanks for telling me, Mom."

"You should know after what you have told me yesterday. I can't sleep when your dad told me his expectations." She said sadly.

"Don't worry about it. I'll deal with it."

After his phone call, he got weak and just sat on his bed. He checked his phone again for any message from Namjoon but still nothing.

7:45. He has to take a shower before things go sideways for him.

************

Jin called Namjoon before going to work but the latter's phone's cannot be reached. He got worried so he dialed Jackson's office number.

Unfortunately, Jackson's not answering. Even his secretary is not around. It's very unusual, he thought, but this just proves that both of them had been busy.

"Chaeyoung, I'll get going now. I asked our personal chef to bring food later for you and Jungwon, okay? Don't forget to message me if anything comes up.

"Jungwon, baby, be good to Chaeyoung, okay? Appa will have to work but I'll be back as soon as I can." He said to his son who is standing beside him, kissing both his cheeks.

"Appa work! Jungwon will play!" Jungwon said raising his hand.

"Okay, you play with Chaeyoung but don't make her too tired, okay? Chaeyoung will call appa if you miss me."