Chapter 8 | Ruination

Previously on When The Devil Falls -
The festivities commenced, marked by the popping of champagne corks and the flowing of wine, as the Malfoy Manor embraced the death of a thorn in their lord's path.

The celebrations were in full swing, but Draco's joy was abruptly disrupted by a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. Wincing in discomfort, he sought out Thadeus Nott - who was the closest person at the time - for the date, his eyes widening in the realization that today marked the start of his pre-heat. The scent repressors were wearing off, and Draco feared the consequences.

Clutching his stomach tighter, Draco staggered towards the room's doors. The pain intensified with every step, making the walk torturous. As he reached the doors, a familiar voice called his name – the Dark Lord's voice.

"Draco," the Dark Lord said, "follow me. I wish to talk to you about something."

Internally shedding a few tears, Draco forced his body to turn and follow the man. Halfway into their journey, Draco realized they were heading to the Dark Lord's room. The feeling of déjà vu gripped him as they stopped in front of the door, just as they had before. The Dark Lord gestured towards the bed, and Draco obediently sat down.

 The Dark Lord gestured towards the bed, and Draco obediently sat down

"What happened?" the Dark Lord inquired. Seeing Draco's confused look, he elaborated "You look quite pained. Are you not happy with Dumbledore's death? You were quite excited when I assigned you the task. Or are you able to stomach a murder?"

"No, my lord," Draco hurried to explain. "It is not like that. It is just that I am actually feeling a bit under the weather."

"It is just that," Draco winced from the cramps, "I lost track of the dates when I was working on the cabinet, and my pre-heat is approaching."

"Heat," said the Dark Lord as if it were some foreign word that he had heard for the first time. "I had almost forgotten you were an omega," he added after a moment's pause.

As another painful wave of contractions hit, Draco gasped from the pain.

"Is there anything you need?" asked the Dark Lord.

"Just my heat relief potions from my drawer," Draco managed to stutter out between painful winces, as he tried to stand up to get them.

The Dark Lord summoned them, and Draco drank the potions. He thanked the Dark Lord as the cramps seemed to dial down.

"If your pre-heat is approaching in a few days, then rest. Do not unnecessarily tire yourself out. I will be back in a while. You can leave for your room once you feel better," said the Dark Lord, before walking out of the door.