Chapter 52 | Whisked Away

Previously on When The Devil Falls -
The tranquil atmosphere of the garden shattered into chaos as masked figures emerged from the shadows, their sinister intent palpable in the air. Draco's instincts kicked into overdrive as he reached for his wand, ready to defend himself and his son against the threat that loomed before them.

But before Draco could even raise his wand in defence, strong arms seized him from behind, preventing him from doing any wand movements. Panic surged through Draco's veins as he struggled against his captors, his heart pounding in his chest as wrenched his arms back from the captors. He managed to stun two of them.

"Nico!" Draco's voice rang out, as he reached out towards his son, only to have his arms restrained by another group of masked people.

And then, amid the chaos and confusion, a voice cut through the night like a knife, chilling Draco to the bone. It was Narcissa, his own mother, her eyes cold and calculating as she stepped forward, a wand held menacingly in her hand.

"Drop your wand, Draco," she commanded, her voice devoid of any warmth or compassion, Nico clutched firmly in her arms. "Or your precious son pays the price. There are silencing charms all over the garden. No one can hear you"

Draco's blood ran cold as he stared into his mother's eyes, the weight of her threat settling like a lead weight in his stomach. He knew Narcissa was capable of anything, but to threaten her own grandson was beyond comprehension. With a heavy heart and trembling hands, Draco reluctantly obeyed, dropping his wand to the ground as tears of despair welled in his eyes. 

As Draco and Nico were whisked away into the night, Marvolo discussed the new bills with the American Delegates, unknowing and ignorant of what had occurred in his home.

As Draco and Nico materialized in the dimly lit interior of Grimmauld Place, the air was thick with tension and hostility. Before Draco could even gather his bearings, he was shoved to the ground with a force that knocked the breath from his lungs. His eyes widened in shock as he looked up to see the imposing figure of Armadeus looming over him, his expression twisted with rage.

"You!" Armadeus spat, his voice dripping with venom as he glared down at Draco. "You think you can just live your life peacefully after what you've done?"

Draco's heart pounded in his chest as he struggled to find his voice, his mind reeling with confusion and fear. "I-I don't know what you're talking about," he stammered, his voice barely above a whisper.

Armadeus scoffed, his lip curling into a sneer of disgust. "Don't play dumb with me, Malfoy. You know exactly what you did. You ratted me out to the Dark Lord, and now you're going to pay for it."