Chapter 32 | Silent Understandings

Previously on When The Devil Falls -
Snape looked reluctant, but he nodded and called for a house elf to show the three students their new room. "No funny business, you three! I am not ready to be a grandpa at this age!" teased Sirius, causing Harry to erupt in a bright red blush. He hid his face in his hands as he glared at his godfather before bidding him goodnight and walking out of the Headmaster's quarters.

After Remus and Sirius left the room, Severus Snape approached the wall covered by a velvet cloth and, with a firm hand, unveiled the portrait of Albus Dumbledore. The old headmaster's portrait had been listening to every word exchanged in the room.

In grave thought, Dumbledore's portrait sighed deeply. "Severus, we must do something. Things are slipping out of our hands!"

"I know. Narcissa has informed me that the Dark Lord has taken a liking to Draco. I can't even use him like I used to. That boy is now whoring himself out to him. He thinks himself above us normal wizards!" said Snape, his expression grim and troubled, as he nodded in agreement.

The weight of the situation hung heavily in the air as they contemplated the unfolding events and the shifting dynamics that seemed to be spiralling beyond their control.

Draco Malfoy, having returned to his private quarters in the Slytherin dormitories, took a moment to change into his comfortable nightwear. The dim light from the flickering candles cast a warm glow across the room as he proceeded to fill the bathtub with hot water, preparing for a relaxing bath. The soothing warmth enveloped him, washing away the day's tensions and leaving him with a sense of tranquillity.

After his bath, Draco settled comfortably in his king-sized bed. In the quiet of the room, he retrieved the ancient diary the Dark Lord had given him, a relic from a time when he was to kill Dumbledore. The leather-bound book seemed to pulse with dark energy as Draco opened it, its pages whispering to him in a way only he could understand.

With practised elegance, Draco chronicled the events that unfolded in Snape's office. He detailed the confrontation, Harry's revelation about Dumbledore, and the unexpected support from Remus and Sirius. Draco's quill moved smoothly across the pages, capturing the essence of the conversation that had taken place.

Draco had asked Harry earlier if he could share this information with the Dark Lord who had answered in affirmative before the ravenette was dragged away by Theodore and Blaise.

The Dark Lord, though displeased about Draco's proximity to Snape, expressed satisfaction with the overall outcome. Draco received a new task-one he was more than willing to accept. He was to sway the loyalties of a particular werewolf and his mate before Christmas, a challenge that sparked a determined gleam in Draco's silver eyes. The intricate dance of persuasion and influence was a skill he had honed, and with the Dark Lord's trust behind him, Draco set his sights on the next objective, ready to execute the Dark Lord's will.