Chapter 38 | Rita Skeeter is a bitch!

Previously on When The Devil Falls -
With a final click, the choker was in place, a symbol of their bond, their love, and their commitment to each other. And as they gazed into each other's eyes, lost in the depths of their shared passion, Draco knew that he was exactly where he belonged - in the arms of the man he loved, his mate, his Dark Lord.

"It suits you," Marvolo murmured, his voice low and husky, resonating with an undercurrent of possessiveness that sent a thrill racing through Draco's veins.

"I have a present for you too," said Draco, a beautiful red hue on his cheeks.

"What is it?" murmured the Dark Lord, lifting his eyes from his neck to look at him, curiosity written all over his face.

Draco's heart raced with anticipation as he revealed his surprise to Marvolo. 

"I've been working on something," Draco began, his voice steady despite the nerves that fluttered in his stomach. "I spoke to Sirius and Remus, and they agreed to help us."

Marvolo's brow furrowed in intrigue, his eyes narrowing slightly as he leaned in closer, urging Draco to continue.

"Nymphadora inadvertently let slip during one of the Order meetings that it was Armadeus Nott who promised to leak some information, He didn't actually get around to doing it but I guessed that he was just bargaining for his safety in case the Order won but that isn't the case. I had Astoria talk to her father about this and it turns out that Armadeus has been promised the Head Auror position if the Order wins. The Order didn't go through with the deal because his demands just increased more and more and they couldn't fulfil them. This just shows that the Order is getting more and more desperate but they don't have the resources and Armadeus is not fully loyal to you," Draco explained, excitement lacing his words, as he summoned a stack of parchment from his room that he had almost forgotten about after what had happened with Snape. "So, I convinced Sirius and Remus to smuggle out the Order's plans for the next three months and they just plan to lay low and recruit for now. Remus said that they were thinking of rallying support from outside of Britain."

A slow, satisfied smile spread across Marvolo's lips as he processed Draco's words. "Well done, Draco," he murmured, his voice tinged with admiration and pride. 

"I'm sorry it's not as extravagant as your gift," Draco said, gesturing to the choker around his neck. "I had no idea you were planning this."

Marvolo's eyes softened, and he reached out to pull Draco into a gentle embrace. "Draco, if you had any hint of what I had planned, it would have ruined the surprise. And your gift, the information you've provided, is invaluable."

Draco felt a rush of gratitude wash over him as he returned the embrace, feeling the weight of Marvolo's approval and affection settling over him like a comforting blanket.