Chapter 25 | Busy Birthdays

When The Devil Falls -
Harry smiled, then asked if Draco needed anything during those six days. Draco declined, mentioning that he had everything prepared. Harry made a thoughtful sound, and together, they gathered all the necessary items into a bag. As they went through the supplies, Draco explained the use of each item, seeing Harry's curious and confused expression. Once everything was ready, Draco reminded Harry to continue practising Occlumency through meditation and not to forget to take his potions. Harry assured him that he wouldn't forget.

The Dark Lord's footsteps echoed through the dimly lit hallway as he made his way to Draco's room. It was Harry Potter who opened the door.

"Where is Draco?" Tom inquired.

"He started his heat. He is in the room next to this one," Harry replied.

Tom winced at the mention of the word "heat." "What happened?" Harry asked, concerned.

"The last time Draco had his heat, it did not go well," Tom explained.

"Did he get hurt?" Harry's tone conveyed genuine worry.

"He was okay, but I overreacted a little bit," Tom admitted.

Harry was left confused by the response but chose to let it go. He knocked on Draco's door, and the blonde opened it with a flick of his wand. Tom entered, surprised to find Draco in relatively good spirits.

"How are you feeling?" The Dark Lord inquired.

"The last time you asked me that, it ended with you locking me up in the room for a week," Draco teased, weakly chuckling.

Tom groaned, burying his face in his hands. "Are you going to keep bringing that up every time you go into a heat?"

Draco chuckled again, "Yes, I am going to forever hold it over your head."

Tom groaned once more at the prospect. "Honestly, how are you?" he asked more seriously.

"I have been better. You tell me, why exactly are your days so busy? What is it that you have been planning?" Draco inquired.

"Well, Shacklebolt is now under the Imperius. So, the ministry is ours. The Order has been suspiciously quiet. I believe that they are going to destroy my Horcruxes. Unluckily for them, I already merged them into me and returned them to their places. The Order will only waste their time hunting and destroying famous relics," Tom explained.

Draco smiled, recognizing Tom's strategic brilliance. "Always two steps ahead, aren't you?" he remarked.

Tom smiled, kissed Draco on the lips, bid him good night, and left the room, leaving Draco to his thoughts and the embrace of his heat.