Chapter 44 | The Morning After

Previously on When The Devil Falls -
Delighted, Marvolo thought he would never forget how Draco looked in that moment. Dazed, flushed, marked, his eyes still tear-stained, his hair was matted at the back by the friction from the pillow, making it stick up all over. Despite this, Draco looked thoroughly satisfied and like he probably just wanted to sleep for a few days to recover. He handed Draco a short black dressing gown and Draco gratefully wrapped it around his trembling shoulders. 

As Draco lay there, breathless and spent, the room seemed to spin around him in a haze of pleasure. Before he could fully gather his senses, the Dark Lord's wand flicked with a precise incantation and the bed was magically cleaned, erasing any traces of their passionate encounter.

With gentle yet possessive hands, Voldemort gathered Draco into his arms, cradling him close as they lay entwined. Draco nestled against the Dark Lord's chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat beneath his ear, a comforting lullaby that lulled him to sleep.

In the quiet of the night, Voldemort pressed a soft kiss to Draco's forehead, his voice a low murmur tinged with possessiveness and tenderness. "You are mine, Draco. I have never loved anyone as I do you," he whispered.

The following morning dawned with a sense of tranquillity, the sunlight filtering through the curtains and casting a golden glow upon the room. As Draco stirred from his slumber, he found himself enveloped in the comforting embrace of the Dark Lord.

The echoes of the previous day's events replayed in Draco's mind who went to move his hand to rub the exhaustion out of his eyes but found that he couldn't because he was nestled within the confines of Marvolo's arms.  He gently wriggled his arm out of Marvolo's stronghold and rubbed his eyes, yawning. 

Feeling the warmth of Marvolo beside him, Draco pressed a gentle kiss against Marvolo's baby-pink lips, a silent expression of gratitude and affection. Seeing the rise and fall of Marvolo's chest, steady and rhythmic, mirrored the calmness that enveloped him, his even breaths, the sunlight frolicking upon Marvolo's features, casting delicate shadows on the contours of his face. Oh, how his fair skin seemed to shimmer, ethereal in the quiet stillness of the morning. 

Sometime later, when Draco finally shook himself out of his fantasy world, he turned to take another look at Marvolo, who was still asleep or so he thought. Draco, guided by impulse, started to trace the outlines of Marvolo's face. As he was running his hands through Marvolo's perfect hair, he marvelled at the silky strands beneath his touch. The high cheekbones, the straight aristocratic nose, and the almost invisible scars created a man of immeasurable beauty. Draco's touch was tender and caring as he traced the features that graced his lover's face. His fingers then traced the outline of Marvolo's lips, his fingers lingered there for a while before reaching over to Marvolo's sharp jaw, revelling in the quiet intimacy of the moment.

 Unbeknownst to Draco, Marvolo, who was most definitely not asleep at the moment decided to let his mate go on as he pleased and touch him to his heart's content. Deciding to have some fun himself; Marvolo, with his eyes still closed, asked if Draco had fun.

Startled, Draco almost jumped, causing Marvolo to chuckle as he opened his eyes, revealing a mischievous glint within them. A sly smile played on Marvolo's lips as he confessed - "I am a man of many talents, mia vita. One of them is faking sleep."

Draco's eyes widened in surprise, quickly turning into mock anger. He playfully hit Marvolo's chest, pouting.  Nonetheless, he pulled Draco closer. "Well, you were being so sweet to me, running your delicate little fingers through my hair. I couldn't resist having a bit of fun myself, now could I?" he teased, his fingers tracing lazy patterns on Draco's back. Rolling his eyes with a grin, Draco knew that couldn't stay upset for long so, he settled back into Marvolo's embrace. With the morning sunlight illuminating the room, Marvolo leaned in and closed the distance between them.