Chapter 57 | A Torture Like No Other (Part ⅠⅠ)

Previously on When The Devil Falls - 
"Marvolo," he exclaimed, his voice filled with joy. "Love. We're going to have another baby! I'm pregnant again!"

As Marvolo repeated the sentence, a flicker of worry crossed Draco's features. Why would Marvolo react like this to such wonderful news? But before Draco could voice his concern, Marvolo's breathing quickened, his chest heaving with each ragged breath.

"Marvolo, mon amour, what's wrong?" Draco's voice trembled with concern as he reached out to gently touch Marvolo's arm. "You're scaring me."

Marvolo's panic attack intensified, his body shaking uncontrollably as fear gripped him tightly. But Draco refused to let fear take hold of him too. With steady hands and a soothing voice, he guided Marvolo through each breath, whispering words of comfort and reassurance.

Slowly, Marvolo's breathing began to steady, his trembling gradually subsiding as Draco's calming presence washed over him like a soothing balm. Tears glistened in Draco's eyes as he watched the man he loved struggle with his fears.

"Marvolo," Draco's voice was soft, filled with emotion. "Do you... do you not want the baby?"

Marvolo's head snapped up, his eyes meeting Draco's with a mixture of sadness and uncertainty. "It's not that, Draco," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. "I'm just... I'm afraid. I'm afraid of a repeat of last time. The Order..you were in so much danger. I-I just... I don't want to lose you or our child."

Draco's heart ached at Marvolo's words, the depth of his love for them both shining through despite his fears. Taking Marvolo's hands in his own, Draco squeezed them gently, his eyes shining with determination.

"Marvolo, mon cherie, listen to me," Draco's voice was firm, unwavering. "You are the strongest person I know. You have faced unimaginable challenges in your life, and you have always protected us, and kept us safe. I have no doubt that you will do the same now. You saved me from the Order remember? You will save us again if needed. I promise you, this will never happen again. You hear me?"

As Marvolo's eyes met Draco's, a sense of peace washed over him. With a trembling smile, he pulled Draco into his arms, holding him close as they shared a moment of quiet understanding and unspoken love.

 With a trembling smile, he pulled Draco into his arms, holding him close as they shared a moment of quiet understanding and unspoken love

In the dead of night, Draco's eyes fluttered open to the sound of Marvolo's distressed murmurs. He turned his head to see Marvolo thrashing in the sheets, trapped in the clutches of a nightmare. With a soft gasp, Draco reached out, gently shaking Marvolo's shoulder.

"Marvolo, wake up," Draco whispered, his voice laced with concern as he brushed a stray lock of hair from Marvolo's forehead.