Train

Tuk-tuk... Tuk-tuk...

Percy was distracted by this clock's messed up sound, not click or tik, but tuk-tuk with each movement.

That was until the door opened.

Of course... They came.

"Came to see me off?" She sassed at the peacekeepers as the woman took her helmet off before the man had.

"You better win, it would be a shame to the family if you don't."

Percy ground her teeth into each other with such strength it is a surprise they didn't break.

The man grabbed her shoulder, making her turn rigid, let me go, let me go now!

"Don't be like Artemis."

"Yeah sure." She shrugged the hand off, rubbing her shoulder because of the grip he had had on it. "I am nothing like her." Being what they wanted to hear but she knew she didn't meant it like she had said.

"Good, now time to go to the train." Was all they coldly said to her, bringing her there.

Katniss took some time to join her.

Gale having come to see her, promising he'd protect her family and feed them.

Peeta had come for a last goodbye, telling her to do everything to survive even if her mind tells her to not.

Prim had cried into her arms and she yelled at her mother to wake up and act like a mother.

And so she was late to the party, Haymitch and this peacechild already talking about random shit as they waited. Both looking at her when she came, making her nervous.

-------------------------------------------

"Well shit." Katniss looked at Percy. "What you looking at little hunter?" Katniss felt insulted since that's always how she called her mockingly.

Percy was leaned back in the chair, pushed to balance on the back legs, they had just been shown the rerun of the reapings.

"Missy here is correct, you are in some shit, both of you."

"Huh?"

"Have you not watched the same thing we did?" Percy was irked. "There was several peacekeeper candidate that have been reaped so not only do we have to deal with careers but them too... It will but a fucking massacre."

"Yeah so eat and live while you can." Haymitch grabbed a bread piece and some jam. "This is the vilest best food you'll ever eat."

"But... You are the mentor."

"And what do you want from me sweetheart?" He asked Katniss, bored and disinterested.

"I don't know, maybe how to survive?"

"Sweatheart... You will either die in the bloodbath to the had of a career or peacekeeper candidate, you can die of dehydration, starving, lighting a fire, you have no chance, give me the salt ple--" Katniss slammed the butter knife into the table between his fingers.

"That is mahogany!!" Effie yelled in indignation as if it was her that had been stabbed instead of wood... That Effie now knows as mahogany.

"Oooh feisty." She said.

"I will stab you."

"Try it bitch." Percy jabbed back with a glare that cooled Katniss, deflating.

"To survive you need sponsors." Haymitch said to her, Katniss looking at him. "People will sponsor you if they like you, letting me send you maybe a bottle of water or some clothes that could be why you survive. And the get sponsors you need to be liked." He grabbed a croissant. "And you are not doing a good job at that sweetheart."

Percy was thinking of what to do already, how to get sponsors for 12 when it was a district that was usually barely remembered that it existed.

The Capitol loved drama, they ate it up and they wanted drama to live in the arena.

She looked at Katniss... She'll need to involve her to make it believable... Since her surname starts with E and hers with L she'll be the last to go in the interviews, that's when she could do something since the last tribute, if they make an impression, is all the people will remember.

But what could be shocking enough for 12 that is not the volunteering? Life long enemies? No, she showed to the world, on the big screen, that she was willing to fight to protect her district partner's sister, people will not believe she hates the family.

...

District partner...

Partner...

Oh dammit she has an idea.

-----------------------------------------------------

As the train was rolling in, Percy stood at the windows and waving back at the people and sending them kisses.

"What is she doing?" Katniss was uncomfortable with seeing this.

"She is playing the game, you should too, this is how you get sponsors sweetheart."

Percy smiled at their words without looking away from the crowd of colors outside. Katniss learn to play soon or you'll be in a shitshow soon.

Because Percy plans to win... She needs to win.