Revoked

(Oddly enough, this song fits this chapter more then the one I planned it for.)

"Go on... Shoot me... I'm dead anyway."

Cato's voice was broken. The voice of a boy who realized the truth about these games and was not fighting just to see his home again.

Katniss pulled more on the string but despite saying that, he still smiled at her, jerking her arm left, making Percy groan, just a bit harder and he'd have snapped her through.

"Go on shoot girl on first, but lover girl is coming down with me."

Percy was struggling, trying to pry his his hands off from around her throat as they were restricting the little blood flow there still was and also choking her out slowly.

Her legs felt weak, constantly slipping on her own blood, not having enough strength to stand against it and letting Cato carry her weight, she struggled to see anything through messed up vision, their voices were so far away and hurting her ears anyway.

"Go on, become the victor." Cato said.

She gritted her teeth. She can't let him control this, not now.

"They need to have their victor, you little friend is already as good as dead! So shot and kill her! Just us both!"

Katniss was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

There literally was no out of this, no matter what she did, she'd be killing Percy.

Shot at Cato, he snaps her neck.

Put her bow down, he snaps her neck.

Shot her, she dies.

She didn't know what to do.

Cato put a hand on the side of her head to push it aside, bending it, to hurry Katniss' choice, but Percy jerked her head to the side and bit his hand as hard as she could.

"AAH!!" He screamed, moving his other hand in a hold to snap her neck with that one hand but an arrow shot into it.

Percy let go and shoved him, making him slip on her blood and tumble down the side of the cornucopia as she fell down on it, face first in the puddle of her own red.

Panting for air as she held her side, screams of agony ripping through the air along with the sound of ripping flesh.

With a groan, she pushed up to her knees and stood, walking to the ledge and looking down it, Cato being ripped limb from limb but the body armor keeping him safe from true lethal bits.

"Little hunter." She muttered, bringing Katniss' gaze away from him and at her as Percy nodded his way. "We are not monsters."

She pulled out an arrow and silently pulled it back, hearing a weak 'please' whispered as Cato looked up from the masses before the arrow flew.

BOOM!!

Percy sighed.

The mutts instantly let up and walked away as if no one existed but them, they vanished into the forest and the sun came back.

"Lets get off here before we sleep and break out necks." Percy sat down and slid so her legs hit the ground on the opposite side Cato had been on, tho it was a bad idea.

Her leg gave out and she fell over, her head swimming, gasping for breath.

"Percy!" Katniss more of less jumped down, turning her on her back which was towards her so the peacechild's head was on her knees.

"Fuck..." She muttered but smiled. "We did it little hunter, we won."

"Yeah... We did."

"Tributes, the rule about two victors being crowned... Is now... Revoked."

Katniss sucked in a breath, looking at Percy struggling to even keep her eyes open, no this could not be happening.

"Hey... Don't cry..." Katniss was surprised, she was crying? Percy reached up to wipe the two little tears. "Oops." A broke chuckle. "Sorry I put blood on your face." She muttered.

The pool of blood was rapidly getting larger, slithering around blades of grass and the warm death seeped into the cloth on Katniss' knees.

"But they said."

"You know they always lie... They need to have their victor... And it will be you." Percy still kept smiling. "You need to kill me."

"I can't do that." They did all of this to go home together and now there is yet anyone person dying in her arms.

"You can." She grabbed her hand, squeezing it. "Can I ask something of you?"

"Stop! You will not die! I can't let it!" She wouldn't accept this, not like this dammit!

"Little hunter." She let go and lifted her hand to grab her face, patting it. "This is the end, it's over. So listen to me. Stop playing those boys, you are hurting all three of you by swinging back and forth..."

"Percy stop..."

"Will you do something for me?"

"Per--" "Little hunter, will you?"

"Fine..." She whispered, knowing she wouldn't get another word in.

Percy reached up her second hand, finding it hard but pulling off her ring and dropping it in Katniss' hand, her own tears spilling over, smiling but terrified of the finality of the situation.

"Artemis." She said that same name again, the name Katniss never heard. "It was worn by Artemis. All I ask you is to keep it with you. I don't care that you don't know the story behind it, I don't care that dies with me... But please... Don't let them take it away... They can't get their hands on it..."

"Who?" She asked since as long as Percy talked Katniss had time to think about what to do.

"Candidates, peacekeepers, my parents, any of them would do anything to see the last of Artemis vanish, that's the one thing they couldn't get away from me... So don't let them get it now." Tears fell with a scared frown. "Please."

She held the ring tight, Percy was right, she barely knew Artemis was meant to be a ring and had no idea why the whole peacekeeper community would want it gone... But...

"I'll keep it until you healed enough to get it back."

A gravelly chuckle. 

"Oh you..." Percy grabbed her shoulder and yanked her down. "Don't lose your optimism little hunter." Pressing a kiss on her cheek as she couldn't reach where she wanted, letting the girl go with a sigh. "And maybe don't forget me too soon..." A chuckle that died away as her senses went.

First it was the vision, next followed touch and pain.

And like she learnt in school.

"PERCY!!!"

Hearing was the last to go.