Beach

(This song is from Hazbin, which is basically a musical with how many songs this show has, lol, but the lyrics apply to Percy too much... Oh, and I forgot if I got Katniss to admit she likes the color green to Percy, let's say she did, and sorry if she didn't, I'll write it in the non-written fog chapter in that case... And again reminder, I turned a blind eye to the 'one token per person' rule for Percy)

"Disgusting."

"Then spit it out."

"Nu-uh."

Sure Percy was not a fan of munching on raw fish and oysters Finnick gathered from the beach and all but it was better then the rest.

The salt water dripping on the wrapped up wounds on her palm hurt a lot along with every little movement of it with the ones on her other arm... Stupid monkey mutts. Not only did her leg hurt but her arms also did not need to be hurt but here we are.

All stopped moving at the scream heard before a huge wave appeared and splashed in what looked like an invisible corner before spreading out, the bang of the water hitting that wall preceded by a canon boom, a hovercraft quickly swooping in.

It was like the arena was trying to kill them off one after the other... First that damned fog, then the mutts and now that huge wave.

What the fuck is this? Don't the Capitol prefer them killing each othe--ARGH!!

Lifting her hand to her mouth with a flinch, having bitten on something hard and hurt herself on it.

Spitting it out in her hand without looking, dragging her finger on her teeth and after her tongue but nothing felt out of place as she looked at her palm.

It was quite small, the size of he nail on her pinkie finger, but it was a small green pearl... Weren't pearls supposed to be like solid of something? 

"Hey little hunter." She nudged Katniss next to her, holding it over. "Look what I found." Dropping the pearl in her hand. "It might have a mark in it, I kind of bit down on it but I hope it is not a problem."

"It's pretty."

"Isn't it? Bring it back home as a souvenir to me and who knows." Whispering next to not be heard by the cameras. "Maybe use it for a ring when you marry someone you do love, so I can still be a bitch and remind them of myself."

"Percy..."

"Come on Katniss, we both know how this will end." Watching herself dig the heel of her fake leg into the sand. "Only one of us is making it out of here."

She reached for the pendant and grabbed it, yanking to break it off from around her neck, these outfits have pockets anyway, handing that too to Katniss.

Katniss rose a brow and opened it... What.

"Your mother, sister, Peeta and that fucker Gale. There are people that need you out there mockingjay. No one needs me."

"But I do."

Percy looped an arm around Katniss' shoulders, rubbing them, kissing her cheek.

"No one needs the angry Jacker to be buzzing in their ear. I'll protect you until my last breath but I refuse to let you pass in here."

Taking her arm away and lifting her hands in front of Katniss.

"All I ask is the same as I did in the 74th, if I die before the end, to take the rings with you and not let others get their hands one, one might be a trick." wiggling her fingers on the hand with the white one. "But it is still important for me."

"Percy I--" But she was cut off by the sound of screaming. "There's someone coming." Quickly nocking and arrow and standing up while Percy grabbed her two blades.

"Wait... Johanna?" Finnick said, hand lifted to stop the girls before running out. "Johanna!"

"Huh... Look's like we have new allies."

"More to kill." Katniss said displeased.

"Don't be such a killjoy, now come on." Percy shoved her to move a little.

"--Blood, hot thick blood." Percy not hearing the start of Johanna's rant as walking on sand was still not her forte with a fake leg. "We were gagging on that shit, stumbling blind, we lost Blight to the force field, not much but he was home."

"You didn't have an easy time either did you."

"Why hello miss candidate, happy to see you alive." Johanna gave her a smile, Katniss stepping closer but it was only noticed by 7 who smiled even more... This is fun.

"I am harder to kill then you think."

"She smacked the force field and all she got was a twisted leg." Percy smacked Finnick.

"Well you are a tough cookie then." Johanna put a hand on her arm.

"Stop, you are getting blood everywhere." Katniss made her take her hand off Percy.

"Oh geez a little blood never killed nobody." Hands up in surrender as she backed off towards the water.

"Is she alright?" Percy asked, watching and hearing the female half of 3 having a complete melt down.

"The shock and the lack of water, do you have some."

"Yeah, we can get some."

Percy sighed through her nose... Katniss was right tho... It would be more people that could turn on them when the time came.

"Fucking help me." She thought.