Interview II

(Ever since I wrote Athena's fanfic, I have a hard time not reverting to her fighting style for my characters because I did martial arts, I know to use a knife and a staff but mostly bare-handed combat so I always need to remind myself that yes Percy was taught hand to hand but if she has a sword she will use a sword.)

The fact that they put her in a suit usually meant for weddings was telling.

Snow wanted to drag them around dressed like that, while the crowd got to be sad about the wedding not happening.

She spun the white ring around her finger as she thought.

Percy was half listening to the other tributes talk and each, in their own ways, conveying their displeasure, the flirty victor of 7 outright screaming at the people to fuck themselves, she wished she could do that but she needs to play her role in this.

Katniss can't really navigate the games, she is too Katniss-y, since the 74th that had been Percy's job so while others can be more truthful, she needs to stick closer to  a script to save both their asses.

She was smiling.

Talking about Katniss, she had enough time to learn how to banter with Caesar and was joking with him.

She looked pretty in that white dress, the dress that 7 once again told Katniss to make Snow pay for... What's with that woman? Trying to be the main character of Percy's life? Sorry that spot is taken tree woman.

Sadly, it was a dress Snow indeed forced Katniss to wear, since to Katniss the wedding would only be a facade, she would never even smile at the thought of marriage.

But damn, she was even more gorgeous as the fire ate away at the dress as she spun on herself to reveal a black dress with black wings that opened.

The mockingjay's true form.

And so soon was her turn.

"Yes, I am indeed quite saddened to be leaving you so soon." She told him as she sat in the velvet chair, legs crossed, an elbow up on the chair arm.

"We all understand it, even more that the long awaited big wedding didn't happen."

"Actually, since we were coming here we used that time to actually get married." The rings were for formalities but showing it off currently was proving that her lie should be the truth. "We both got luckier then most."

"Lovely to here, but Persephone, what's with the look on you face? Almost as if you had regrets."

"It's a mask dumbass." She sighed, putting a hand on her cheek. "I suppose you still remember what happened in 12? That boy was a close friend of us."

"Oh yes, it is a breath taking image, it is lovely to get reason why the girl on fire stepped in."

"Yes, We are really close to him, that's why I am sad."

"Why?"

"Well because since Katniss and I are both woman we had asked him to be the father to a child and now he'll never get to meet his baby."

...

Percy never heard the Capitol so silent before a storm of muttering came so loud.

"Stop the games!!" Of course the first scream came.

Percy and Katniss, the wonder duo, double victor of the 74th, the newest craze, and one of them was with a child that they would never meet if they went to fight to their death.

Percy did realize she should have precised a mother but she'll let the Capitol drive itself into a frenzy trying to figure it out, this would make it more likely for people to want to stop the games. Not only to see the baby but know more info that Percy was bullshitting.

The screaming was getting loud as she was almost chased up to stand by Katniss on the back stage.

She almost smiled, Katniss looking like she was trying to figure out if she slept with Peeta or Percy had done so.

She shook her head a bit to not smile, grabbing her hand to calm her.

But she accidentally started a chain of hand grabbing when Katniss grabbed 11's hand and he grabbed his partners, soon all hands locked and lifted in the air in union.

"This was not part of the plan."

And the lights shut down.