Trouble

(I love how Gale is a character, but he hasn't actually been shown in the book yet XD. And will only appear in a fight with Percy and then the whipping.)

It had turned into more than a dinner.

Each night, either Prim or Katniss would invite her for dinner with the table already set for four.

One night she had been tired and slept on the couch that slowly turned into her bed for each neither, the Everdeens not kicking her out and Percy not in a hurry to leave.

Miss Everdeen was having a nice little time teaching the peacechild how to cook and Percy was as good at picking it up as she had been with fighting, tho the older woman still found it weird to see a pair of sword on her coffee table but she wouldn't complain since they were important to the victor just like the bow was to her daughter. She couldn't understand why after what they went through but she kept her silence.

Prim liked her scary dog privilege, knowing no peacechildren would ever pick on her again with not only Katniss but Percy around too. The victor having a soft spot for the child that almost came into the arena with her... Tho it ended up with Prim needing to awkwardly ask her to not beat up a boy for having meanly teased her even if inside she thought he would deserve it. Oddly enough these two had became close to each other.

With Katniss it was rocky, not trying to push away to much not not getting too close to avoid more pain when she was kissing Gale or when she started dating Peeta... Tho happily for her sanity currently she was somewhat single even if a sneaky kiss happened with Gale. The worse was that sometimes a film crew came from the Capitol and they needed to be in each others arms and even kiss on camera. Percy drowning in her feelings while her heart was breaking a bit more each time Katniss would push away when the cameras stopped filming. She knew to not reach after her but damn did it destroy her. She'd sprint up the stairs when she heard her scream and would hold her but could hope for nothing more.

"Come on woman, you need to tell her. Hi Katniss, I really caught feeling for you so please date me."

"Peeta I really hate you."

Somehow, by fate probably, Peeta became a friend, or her first friend she'd say if comparing them to others.

"There's a reason I broke it off permanently with her, come on lady, look at ho she looks at you."

"She doesn't look at me in any way boy, this is still part of the game. I am just the stupid one that can't get it through to myself."

They were walking together since they ran into each other on their way to their homes and since Peeta's family had a bakery, they had a bit more money then the rest so they lived in better homes and so close to the victors' village.

They also clicked when she saw his mother yelling at him for burning the bread and hitting him for it... And he just took it... Percy had picked on and bullied the children or teens her age but this time she had screamed at an adult like she had hoped someone would yell at her parents, crying to herself by the end with again Peeta there to calm her.

She didn't need to tell him but the rant she had given his mother told him enough about her home life before the games to glean a bit of understanding and kinship with her.

"I promise you there is something, there was something missing with us two but I know you two have it."

"Please stop will you? I don't want to tal--" She shut up, looking ahead.

"Percy?" He looked up, shirking a bit. It was a guy maybe as old as Percy and not that much larger then himself in muscle but he was stronger, carrying flour bags does that to you. Wearing a thinner coat but the Capitol logo clear on it, face hardened and angular, clean shaven with reddish brown short hair and dark eyes.

"Peeta, could you leave us?" She said without looking at him.

"Pe--" "Peeta, go." She said before he could say anything else. "Please."

He didn't want to, this didn't feel right but he still did, his gaze following the guy who looked at him.

"So." Her hands snapped into fists with a frown. "How long are you planning to avoid me?"

"Hades..."

Trouble came knocking.