Training Room

(So... Peeta 'if it weren't for the baby' Mellark, right? Percy 'I am lacking a dick' Loras has the live-up to it. Do any of you have an idea? Because if not, I will pull the same thing but with an explanation of how that could happen. Please share if you have a different idea, tho.)

)

"I hate this," Percy muttered. Katniss could understand why.

They were mostly in the same outfit but the large logo they put on peacechildren's outfits was big on her back.

"Never can escape it."

"Doesn't seem like it. Come on, let's go."

The way to the training area wassilent.

"Try to make friends." Percy told Katniss.

"Where are you going?" She asked, watching Blight vomit on the ground and the careers train once they entered, neither of these reassuring her.

"Getting acquainted with the weaponry. If I am to be a jacker I need to sting." (I will go back because I am retconning it but I want Percy to call the genetically modified wasps as simple jackers not trackerjackers because it fits more, Idk but it seems more obvious for her to call them that.)

"Alright, be careful."

"You too, don't make me punch tributes this year."

"No promised."

Percy chuckled to herself, she should really apologize but she feels like too much time passed and it would be awkward to bring up her yelling now when it had been forgotten.

Walking to the weapon stands, grabbing two short swords off it, weighing them in her hands.

"These weapons will be supplied in the arena?" She asked a staff after putting down the swords momentarily to loosen her belt enough that she could slip them both on the left side of her waist to carry.

"Like all years, what you train with is what will be provided in the arena."

"Good."

Cracking her knuckles.

"Time to get back in top shape." No skill is ever forgotten.

Sure she was training Peeta and showing things to Katniss but that didn't count truly as training, lucky her, it was not hard for her to get in the mindset.

And she had new things to try out here.

She was the only candidate here so there was like a target on her back, it was extremely rare that a candidate was chosen and maybe three in total had won from the few chosen, the careers having more complete training or the arena being to difficult to survive in, dying of thirst, hunger or a wound.

Not only that but many here were old enough to remember the last name Loras, many of them would have mentored the girls stained by the vile presence of Artemis, many would recognize the last name in the 74th and now they were here with the owner of it in the 75th.

Percy truly had her work cut out for her.

Better get training and fast.

--------------------------------

The hologram training chamber was a great place to train, against opponents that could not hurt you but were there.

She found it ironic that the fake enemy that finally hit the target had been a fake arrow.

She had been at it for a while, sweating more then she thought but she usually didn't train in such a small room, it wasn't that small but still small for a training room, it heated up fast... Plus she had been at it for a long time.

Wiping her face in her tanktop before hearing tapping on the glass door.

Grinning.

"So Katniss, how's it going?" She asked, opening the door, putting the swords back in her belt-waist holding spot.

"I've talked to a few, it's going nice."

"Oh hi Mags." She greeted, seeing the old lady who smiled at her and waved.

"I told her I'd show her how to shoot."

"And I am using the only hologram room, I get it, rooms yours if you are fine with a room I preheated." Katniss rolled her eyes, setting up the system like she had been shown how too before stepping in and Percy closed the door.

She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, watching with a smile as she shot her first hologram.

And quickly, barely had she started, most of the tributes gathered to watch her train, she was the mockingjay, the girl on fire, after all, a sight worth seeing.

By the end of the little show, she didn't restart to program on shuffle for the fake enemies like Percy had done, just looking over, a bit surprised by the amount of people while Wiress clapped for her.

Percy grinned, maybe Katniss is not the best with words and not the sharpest spoon in the drawer, but she has the knack to get people motivated and understanding them, getting them to like her by her actions alone.

Maybe they'll get alliances easier then Percy has thought.