Final Three

It seemed like the drug in the syringe had a 24-hour time limit as the pain was rapidly invading her senses while feeling like she was put in an oven with sweat coating her skin.

But she'd push through it... And thought about it until.

BOOM!!

She smiled, thinking Cato killed himse--

BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

What?

"What's going on?" Katniss voiced her thoughts.

With each boom the sky turning more and more dark.

"I counted twelve." Percy muttered as the forest was suddenly really silent.

All her senses were on alert as she pulled out the sword she had and Katniss nocked the arrow, stepping closer.

Silent, too silent.

That was before a hollow howl was heard, sounding like a deer that was trying to pass-off as a wolf with a kettle thrust down its throat... A hauntingly piercing sound.

"I vote to head back to the cornucopia." Percy hissed softly, stumbling on a step.

"You are hurting again."

"That the least of out wo-RRIES!!" She slashed out the blade, catching a black charging mass in the maw before it could bite her.

Watching the thing come crashing down, growling out a hiss as droll a blood dripped from its split jaw.

It had a shaggy coat but looked like parts of it was ripped out, the face disturbingly human with the eyes a piercing green, a large collar with spike on it displaying the number of a distri--Oh my.

"No..." Percy's mouth hung open for a moment before more of these beast merged, sadistically waiting until both girls took off running to sprint after them.

The thing looked like the tribute that almost drowned her in that river! What the fuck did they do to their bodies?! Turn them into mutts?!

"Shit shit shit!!" Yes Katniss, Percy agrees.

Running down hill was harder with her leg and side but the mutts were motivation enough.

Both running through trees and brushes, the snapping of jaws and paws beating the ground never far behind them.

Out in the clearing of podiums and cornucopia it became worse.

Only three were following them but setting out there, one of they mutts was each seated on the podium that corresponded to the tributes they had been, jumping off in a sprint as they spotted them.

Percy pushed passed Katniss, running faster and smacking her back to the cornucopia to brace herself and laced her fingers, offering a step up.

Katniss took up, almost being thrown on top of the metal building, as Percy ducked to the left, letting a beast smack against it before running and stepping on its slouched back to jump, grabbing the extended arm to not fall back.

"Damn." She panted, looking down as they tried to climb up but they didn't seem to have the ability to jump and their claws were sliding down the metal.

A step sounded out too loud to be either of theirs leading to a slash, causing Cato to stumble back to avoid being cut.

"Get back!" She pushed Katniss behind her, blocking and upwards strike but her knee hit the ground, with pain coming back it was impossible to fight fully. "Gah!!" The knee to the ribs sending her down.

Katniss pulled an arrow back but it bounced off Cato's body, that's armor plating and not black clothing! Trying to main at his head while Percy sliced into his leg and kicked it was not good enough, he is moving too much.

Psuhing up, trying to stab upwards only to be parried by a stronger swing and losing her sword, seeing it fly away and into the mass of growling and yapping mutts.

She brought her arm up to block the swing, hissing as the outer arm was sliced into as she pushed on her leg to push up enough and sock him in the face, having an unstable stance, that knee to the side was just horrendous, messing up any little healing that could have happened there.

She shook out her arms, her cut one unable to open but she could still close her fists, bringing them up, Cato's armor was really inconvenient.

She would get cut, she knows it, in a knife fight the one without it always has an almost 100% chance of being cut, but just as she said to Katniss, adrenaline is one hell of a drug... And the fact that she has nothing to lose but her life is also something great.

She gave him a grin, hand turned up and doing a little 'come here' gesture.

"I promised you I'd kill you, some come on career and fall to my hands."

She slammed her left forearm into his inner wrist to smack the sword away from her while stepping into his inner bubble, driving her other elbow into the side of his face.

Sliding her foot between his and yanking to the side, making him shift his stance and fall while she held his wrist. With the twist to it, blocking it under her armpit and twisting on the blade, she would have snapped his tendons if he hadn't let go, sending that blade too off into the mass of death.

But him reaching up and just digging his fingers in her side and yanking caused the pain to just shot down her responses, freezing long enough for him to bring her down, hand on her face as she grabbed his wrist with one and on the back of his neck with the other, pushing her head into his hand as he head was just above the snapping maws.

"Ah!!" Tho he wasn't that hurt, the impact of arrows in the ribs was still something hard before a kick to the head sent him off enough that Percy could kick him again and stand with the help of Katniss.

"Shit..." She muttered, first it was a regular stab would but this brute had literally tore her side or something because he had yanked so hard that the bandages and the T-shirt were ripped, the only reason she couldn't tell how bad the injury became was because of the seemingly extreme blood flow not letting her see.

She was going dizzy and fast, light headed, blood loss just that bad.

But he needed to go down! And fast!

With a running start she tried to punch him but his two hand thrown up push back was like running in a brick wall... and the cornucopia was metal made slick with her blood... Percy lost balance.

Ending up in Cato's choke hold and facing down Katniss holding an arrow pulled back.