Credits song for my death but I can't let you win.

(Yes, the title of this chapter is the title of the song linked with the chapter.)

With an almost feral scream, a tumble down a small cliff, and a wild upward swing, Percy's blade came in contact with Brutus'.

And wow.

Brutus had lived in one of the most bloody districts all his life, he might as well be approaching triple the age of this girl right here.

But in all of his life, all of his long years, he was not seem hatred so pure in the eyes of anyone.

And such hate has power.

His arm shaking from the reverb of the impact of blocking this thoughtless strike.

Such girl, thinner, much smaller and weaker then him, less experienced, should have never had the strength to make his bones rattle inside of his flesh from the impact but here it was, that feeling.

And that's when he truly understood the saying.

"Once you have nothing to lose, you have nothing holding you back."

It was meant to teach the young in 2 that you always fight with the knowledge you can die, to throw themselves into the maw of death and rip out its jugular from inside before brandishing it over yours head... But this candidate... Had embodied the true meaning of it.

Pulling the blade away and slashing straight up, barely missing the much older man's chin as he jerked his head back.

Spinning on herself for a powerful swing parrie--Head jerking to the side.

It felt like head brain ping-ponged around in her skull but she just spat on the ground, feeling copper in her mouth, her bodily integrity coming second to her desire for vengeance that bubbled like a torrent of blood.

Pulling out her second blade, and seemingly forgetting her training in a blind rage, swung at the man.

despite rushing in blind, muscle memory moved, reacted and struck with the sole goal of murdering this man in front of her, the break down this mountain of muscle in small peddles at her feet and even that would not be enough for her.

Strike after strike, parry after parry, calmer mastery of a life long skill prevailed... Sure, Brutus was forced in a defensive fight for his life but it was working, with training and skill, he went up and stood tall against the furry of a monster.

Percy yelled, blade impacting a tree truck as Brutus backed off once again.

She tried to yank it out but couldn't, getting kicked in the side, sent down.

Tumbling down the incline, hitting rock and shrubbery until slowing down a few meters lower as there was a little let up on the incline.

Pushing up in a dive forward to avoid the stab, the sword sinking half way into the tough ground before Brutus yanked it out with a hiss, Percy's blade catching his outer thigh while that sword made contact too.

She fell over, grabbing her face... It was not the worse injury she got, not even that sever, starting under her left eye, cutting into the cartilage of her nose, slashing through the very edge of her right bow and nothing more, a finger length, nothing serious as it was more of a reaction then an action.

Pushing up, hitting blad--Huh?

She thought for a moment Brutus had blinded her and that she didn't actually block the strike like she thought but no... She felt the blade pressing against her.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled, proving to her he too couldn't see for a moment.

Looking through the trees at the growing ball of fire visible.

The roof of the arena had turned off, lights out but it had a huge flaming hole in it with metal and scrap falling down from it.

The whack on the back of the head brought her back for a moment only, collapsing under the wait of her own body.

Not having much time to 'enjoy' her soon to be death as her brain could no longer take more abuse, turning the lights off too and going to sleep.