Killed

And damned did Percy predict it correctly

Hades would be trouble earlier then she thought, the day right after it.

Or more like the night.

She had been a light sleeper and so the sound of a lock being jiggled and tinkered with in the middle of the night was something something that would wake her up.

And no one would do this to a victor's home that was under surveillance, no one but an insane guy that could not even stick to his own promises.

Carefully getting off the couch she slept on, barely seeing anything but enough.

Still, bundling the blanket on the couch and reaching for the blades on the table, tho hesitating... Was she really going to do this? Pick up arms again with the intention to kill? Was she really going to try and kill Hades, because there is no doubt in her mind it is Hades.

Taking a deep breath, grabbing the handle of one and leaving the second behind.

She didn't have a choice, she needed to protect them from him, she'll do it, she'll freaking do it... It didn't stop her hands from shaking tho.

Quietly walking to the wall right next to the entrance, waiting with shaking hands.

This could end in so many different ways, so many different people dead.

Her hands shook so bad she almost dropped the sword when the lock gave away and the door slowly created open, two stomps inside.

She could barely move, Percy would... Would need to kill him... She'd need to kill him.

And as he stepped near, shutting her thoughts down, swing.

...

Huh?

Hades gasped, his surprise immense in this darkness, eyes burning into her own surprised once before falling closed, all his weight on the sword sticking out of his chest, causing Percy to let go and watch him collapse.

Was... Was it always this easy?

It's over? Like that?

Hades, the legend of the century, the boy wonder, the dream and hero of all candidate, part of her horrors... Had died just like that?

Was he not the strongest? Why did he die so easily?!

Why?!

Why was he so easy to kill?!!

Hades was meant to be strong!! She could never beat him!! So why?!! Why did he die?!

She was freaking out on the inside still while grabbing him under the armpits, pulling his back to her and dragging him out of the house.

Doing all she could to not freak out more but he was dead, so easily, so quick. The monster was dead in one strike while she had hyped herself up for a fight she couldn't survive... Were all humans this easy to kill? Why were they so easy to kill?

She couldn't understand, he was meant to be stronger then everyone for fuck's sake!!

She dragged him for a good while, to the forest and through it, to the large fenced off area and following it, knowing to the east from here was a river and she needed that river.

She dragged his corpse, his corpse, the corpse of the monster haunting her, so easily killed, towards the river.

Putting him down long enough to pull her sword out and still expecting him to come back, he needed to, he couldn't be gone so quick, it doesn't make sense!!

But he never opened his eyes, he never took a breath, he never moved, he was indeed gone... So easily.

That was freaking her out, messing with her head, even as she shoved the body in the river and watched the proof be carried under the fencing, it wasn't being taken care off but still, only Katniss dared to go outside as most didn't know of these holes nor wanted to go if they knew as it was a death sentence.

And he was killed, gone, Hades was gone, so quick, so sudden, he was gone from her life because he didn't await her relaxing, he attacked her when she expected it and in a place she knew... Why? She doesn't understand... He got killed just like that.

She slept in next morning, tired as she woke up.

Katniss had no idea why but the fact that there is a puddle of water still drying in front of the door and the mop had been moved made her raise a brow, knowing something happened but would never be able to know why Percy looked confused as she stared off into space.

The ex-candidate thinking if it would have been that easy back then.