Truth

Ah...

To be a bird without a thought behind their eyes.

Picking away at the underbrush, happily finding a worm.

This is lif--Sling.

"And I thought you couldn't aim, the amount of time you missed your shots." Percy joked as she came out of the bush to pick up the bird.

"There is a difference between birds and others."

"I get it I get it. I wouldn't have even gotten close to touching it if I were to have tried to shoot."

It was quite weird outside of the fence.

Sure it was still the forest, still the same and same waters slowing... But at the same time you didn't feel watched.

Or judged, or observed.

It was just the forest and you.

"As promised, you'll need to show me."

"Right back at you." Katniss tapped her finger on Percy's chest. "Because come on, you offered Peeta before you did me."

"I get it I get it, I'm sorry." She laughed, brushing her hand away. "And look, I might not clobber your head off but stop touching me."

"You are weird." She grabbed the bird, tying it up so it could bleed out instead of dripping everywhere on them. "One moment you are okay with it, next not."

"There is a difference, your little ex realized it way faster then you did, honestly you didn't deserve that guy. He had all the brains in that relationship."

"You can be such a bitch." She put her hands in her pocket, feeling something in it.

"My forte."

Katniss pulled her hand out, looking at what she grabbed.

"I forgot to give this back." Holding the ring out. "Tho I thought you'd have looked for it."

"It's a curse and my most prized possession." She grabbed it, slipping it on the one she previously wore it on. (I think it was middle but I honestly forgot.) Passing her thumb over it and looking it over. "As long as it wasn't in my parents hand, I was find not knowing where it was."

"Why?" Katniss asked as Percy spun the ring on her finger... Peeta had read her like a fucking book... But here... Should she?

Her heart is already broken enough, should she break herself even more? Katniss will never see her as such and maybe it would break it all, disgust is left in all those that remember, a shadow looming over her.

She could steer around the subject with others but Katniss' curiosity forced the words out.

"You know, I wasn't always this invested." She smiled, putting her hands in her pockets, looking up at the trees as she looked away. "Prodigy of the generation? Nah, that was Artemis."

"That name again..."

"He (yes, he) has been erased, no one younger then a certain age ever even heard that name. Having brought the greatest shame to all."

"For now I am confused."

"Well little hunter, if I tell you this you can't go around like the mockingjays because if I hear someone else repeating this back to me not even your pretty face will escape my wrath. If I tell you shut up."

No answer, Katniss even sat down.

...

Seems she'll be telling this, she can't with those eyes twinkling for a story, to get to know her more... Oh little hunter you'll wish you didn't easily convince Percy to speak.