Fear

Coming home was not like Percy or Katniss expected.

"What the?"

The market was ransacked, dark smoke rose from the forest, and peacekeepers were being dragged with others in different, whiter uniforms.

Percy jerked a bit when a gun was put to the man's head and shot like that.

"Please stop them!!" A much younger girl had ran up to Katniss, ignoring Percy even if she was wearing candidate clothes. "They came and took over!!"

Percy was getting mad.

Leaving Katniss to try to talk with the child, stepping off the platform with large steps, leaning down enough to grab a discarded weapon of a peacekeeper.

"Hey... HEY!! STEP BACK!!" A gun aimed into her face as she approached the yelling man, only stopping to snub him, smiling, small guy, looking down at his ugly mug. (It is not the one whipping Gale in the movies, someone else because I want her to teach him a lesson.)

"Shot and see what happens." She said, moving her chin up and putting it in the barrel to jam it in her throat herself. "I just want answers and I will get them... I'll put you underground before you can pull that trigger and I'll give you a head start."

"BACK OFF!!"

"Why are you hurting us? We are on the same side." She grinned, seeing the stressed sweat on his forehead as she took a step closer, making him back up one step. "Peacekeepers don't kill peacekeepers unless they commit major crime." She tapped her sword on his stomach plating. "All your men are going their jobs, no one is listening to you scream, no one can save you from me. As a victor I am sure I'll be pardoned."

Her wide eyed yet small pile gaze, that blood thirsty smile and the pure pressure of her killing intent was making the gun shake in his hand. It was like he was staring up at a monster looming over him, the metaphorical hand of justice clawing down his back to bleed him of all sins before death came. A fate so inescapable that no matter how far he'd run, he could never outright it. A rage against life so deep that it was like the earth itself had opened up to swallow him whole.

Percy had done nothing more but he backed away screaming in fear, stumbling and falling, a hand brought up in front of his face a feeble protection.

She crouched near him, making him regard her with fear as a Cheshire cat smile thrones on her face.

"Not tell me, what is going on?"

So much pressure, it was like he was watching someone use his body to talk for him.

"D-district 12's peacekeepers have grown compliant, they lost their values and fraternized too close to the district. We cut out the weed and brought in new fresh blood that still remembers their goals from 2. Those refusing to conform to the new laws have been taken out."

Percy hummed, tilting her head.

"Have been? How long has this been going on?" She asked, toying with the weapon.

"Started a few days ago."

"You see? Telling me was not that hard." She stood but before he could exhale, she drove the sword through his thigh, pinning him to the ground.

Leaning into his face, a finger up in front of her grin. Like staring death in the face, those eyes promising a painful end.

"Ssh." She chuckled at the end as she backed away with a lingering evil in the air before she turned away.

She frowned to herself.

She noticed how 12's peacekeepers were more friendly yes but not this much, worth extermination.

And it made her so angry.

No matter how scary she could be.

This had been done when the victors were not here because of how much influence they can have. This is punishment for not calming the masses.

And Percy was furious.