Clockwork

(I love this song because of the heart-monitor-like beeping, it fits sooo much~. And remember I promised to give you a desperate moment because I didn't 'kill' her on touching the force field?)

"This whole arena is a clock, 12 segments, and each has an event occur in order or their sectors with each event lasting an hour," Katniss explained, leaning them down the stony path towards the middle, Finnick carrying Mags behind her, next was Beetee helping Wiress walk and Percy closes the  march with Johanna for safety as they were out in the open. "Each event only stays in their segment, that's why the fog stopped and why the monkey backed off, because they would have passed the hour threshold. And it cycles every 12 hour."

"Wiress you a genius." Finnick said, walking up to the cornucopia and sitting Mags on boxes.

"So we just got terribly unlucky to have gone from the pan into the fire." Percy grumbled, she knew her arms had lost some of their strength. No matter the injury it always is a disadvantage to the person and she wasn't at her 100% in any limbs, at least she stopped bleeding from the compress bandages... Heymitch I knew we decided you'd only help Katniss but can I go back on that just a bit?

"Seems so, we only encountered the blood rain." Johanna said to her.

"So." Finnick using his trident to scratch into the black rock they all huddled around, all but Mags who sat near enough to see and Wiress who had wondered near to the edge and was touching the water, muttering to herself. "Hour one through four is lightning, blood rain, fog and monkey while hour ten is the huge wave."

"That's all we know? Damn, we are not off good." Percy said.

"We just need to stay in the middle and move out of the sector when it is time to avoid the events like the wave that reaches the cornucopia." Beetee pointed out. "We don't need to know what happens elsewhere as long as don't even encounter it."

But a gasp cut their discussion short.

Barely having the time to register that Wiress' body got thrown down in the water as Gloss pulled himself out of the water.

By reflex, Percy shoved Katniss away behind her, sadly tho, such movement caused the arrow she had pulled back to fly and far miss her target.

Percy being body checked against the cornucopia by Gloss but push off it and tackle him away from swinging at Katniss.

Rolling on the rough stone scrapped skin away as she tried to stab down at him but he moved his head away and bucked her off him.

Scrambling to grab the rock as her feet kicked in the water before she stopped herself and pulled herself up, running up with her other blade and clashing his in a while swing upwards.

Gasping as the punch in her side, hunching over, before feeling the white hot pain in her lower back, swinging upwards in a backwards stumble.

Looking at her back and at the knife sized blade in her at kidney height.

"Fuck teachings!" She ripped it out of her back and flung it at Gloss, making him stumble at is hit his thigh, letting Katniss shoot him in the shoulder but it didn't seem enough as he threw his arms out.

Katniss grabbed at his arms, hands enclosing around her neck.

Not having the time for much panic as Percy shoved her blade up diagonally through his ribs while yanking backwards. Tho that yank was accidental as the ground started moving underneath their feet.

stumbling back in a roll, barely grabbing on before a powerful grip on her and a yank caused her feeble grabs the break.

Gloss, if he is dying, he'll fight back against it long enough to bring her down with him.