Blood

Stumbling through trees and brush while injured was not the best thing to do.

Stumbling and limping through growing pain and the slight action of the venom, since she was sleeping further from them, she had only gotten enough to make the whole world seem like it was iridescent and glowy and not completely distort to a point she could not see anything.

But in her blind run, falling off a little cliff, seemed the river had done a bend back and this side had not got a stone ledge, it was just dirt and dirt gone the next second.

Falling hard made her suck in a breath and cover her mouth to not do anything else like scream.

Scrambling back to the cliff on her ass and hiding under the lip of it, waiting in silence.

The wait was dreadfully slow and painful.

The deep stab in her leg, right under her knee, in the flesh, that area with a large blood patch on her pants already.

And not talking about the sword, this was actually smaller then her own had been but the handle was against her back and the tip was in her front, seeing metal out of her body was not a welcome sight, pressing her hand on her side with a muffle squeak, blood spluttering around the blade, the green of the shirt becoming dirty drown because of the blood.

Now that side would have a nice X scar... If she ever wins in this situation.

Finally the steps and curses caught up, holding her breath, hoping no one would come down here to check... Only breathing out when they left.

With a sigh she leaned back before shoving off the wall with a pained hiss when that shifted the sword.

She needed it out, out.

With short shaky breaths, she grabbed behind her back and, with a deep breath she held, yanked.

Flinging her fist down in a punch on the muddy soil, biting her knuckles off her hand, tears perking in her eyes but not falling, she knew she could still be heard if she did any noise... Why did this venom hurt instead of numb? She'd have let herself be stung up if that was the case.

Percy was in some deep shit.

Pushing away from the wall and standing up, her legs shaking and walked to the little shore of the river, trying to kneel down but just dropping to her knees.

Sitting down and dropping her feet in, not caring if her boots had barely been dried since she almost was drowned, watching dumbly as the red floated around her leg and was brought away by the flow of the water.

Slowly, she took off her jacket, only now realizing just how many different muscles it took to just move a little, each time feeling the pain.

Rinsing the blade and stabbed it in the jacket, using it with tears to cut a stripe off it.

Carefully washing more of the blood off her leg before pulling her pant leg up a bit to make a wrinkle and bend it over the wound and tying the strip around it as a compress.

Hissing since this already hurt more.

She lifted the bloody shirt away from her body, sighing at the sight... If... If she remembers correctly a wound to this area will take a while to kill her... Since the previous injury that left her scar there didn't kill her and it was a worse wound.

"Shit." She breathed out. "Here we go again."

----------Brought to you by the author looking up gut injuries-----------

It had been a lot harder the slice and dice her jacket to get enough length from it, several square patches layered on front and back and wrapped but it is hard to compress an abdominal wound.

Even so, she knew it would bleed through soon enough and would require to wash out and keep clean so she had no other choice but to pull herself to the little dip in the wall, making barely a half circle  in the stone, not even real cover.

Currently sitting there, a hand on her side, leg out, other hand on the sword, looking at the river.

She knew despite needing to stay that she couldn't eternally since in all precedent games if the action was coming to a stand still, the arena's limits would be made smaller... She wishes she knew where the current limits are, to know when to move herself to avoid an arena trap. 

And despite it all.

She hoped Katniss had made it out of this.

Caring a bit too much compared to what she was ready to accept.